LO possible drank diluted washing up liquid

(9 Posts)
Lollypop1983 Tue 18-Feb-14 17:35:38

Just realised I've not rinsed out my LO sippy cup properly, and there are bubbles in his water. He's not drank a lot. I tasted it and can't taste washing up liquid, but when I shook it, it all frothed up. Do u think I need to call nhs? He seems fine in himself.

pizzachickenhotforyou Tue 18-Feb-14 17:38:18

No. If you call them it will only be for your own reassurance. I'm sure that he will be fine. Not medically qualified though!

peggyundercrackers Tue 18-Feb-14 17:41:46

no i dont think you need to call NHS if it is only water left in there from not rinsing the cup, im sure he will be fine. if he had drunk pints of it then yes i would seek advice but not for a diluted mouthful.

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Tue 18-Feb-14 17:42:21

You're supposed to rinse??

pancakedayiscoming Tue 18-Feb-14 17:43:50

This moment is specifically for the targeted purpose of strengthening you for when he eats dirt, etc.

Fairypants Tue 18-Feb-14 17:49:44

I've actually looked into the toxicity of washing up liquid at uni and it really isn't bad at all. He will drink loads when he starts trying to blow bubbles (and decides drinking the bubble liquid is the way forwardwink) so a bit from washing up really isn't going to cause a problem.

Lollypop1983 Tue 18-Feb-14 17:52:16

Thanks everyone.

Was just looking for a wee bit of reassurance. I could have kicked myself. But I know he'll probably do worse in the future! smile

lollipoppi Tue 18-Feb-14 18:33:48

Don't worry, I caught my dd sucking the top of the washing up liquid bottle yesterday confused She is fine

EatDessertFirst Tue 18-Feb-14 18:39:52

My 3 year old DS had a massive swig (like, an inch deep out of the bottle!) of Matey the other week! blush I left the bottle on the side of the bath (bad mummy!)

Luckily, Matey is not toxic, but I know that stomach-dropping feeling. Your LO will be fine. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now