Bedtime for 14 month old

(5 Posts)
sparklesparkle Sat 21-Dec-13 13:44:46

My DD goes down at 7pm each day, wakes at about 4.30am for a feed and then sleeps til 7ish. She also has a 1.5 hr nap at lunch time.

I've been wondering if I should put her down later at night so as to get her to sleep through til the actual morning. She is a bit tired by bed time by not incredibly so but usually nods off at 7.

Interested to hear what other people do.

Ime a later bedtime doesnt change the wake time.

What are her feeds like? We started giving dd supper around that age - bowl.of.porridge - which helped. That before bath, milk.after bath.

Also, check the temperature.of her room. 4am is the coldest part of the night so maybe turn thw heater up a little before you go to bed.

Forgot to add - if you didnt offer a feed at that time, might she be re settled?

sparklesparkle Sat 21-Dec-13 13:56:21

Hi Mynameis -- She is iron willed so might resettle but only after much screaming/hair pulling/thrashing etc. I reckon she's genuinely hungry then. She gets quite a late supper anyway as she takes ages to eat 5.15-6ish, then bath/story/bed -- she's still BF.

NotSureImDoingThisRight Sun 22-Dec-13 08:36:23

Later bedtime rarely works. 7pm is a good time for bed, could you try offering her a drink in a cup at 4.30? She may not be impressed but if you keep doing it she may stop bothering to wake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now