babys - out grown clothes

(19 Posts)
princesscupcakemummyb Sun 15-Dec-13 10:15:04

hi all i was wondering what everyone does with their babys outgrown clothes normally i sell them on when my children outgrow them but im not sure weather to store my sons newborn clothes or not its hard letting go or maybe its just me so anyway any replies welcome smile

lastnightopenedmyeyes Sun 15-Dec-13 10:16:16

I keep any special pieces, hand down about 70% of the rest, maybe sell a few key things if they're worth it and the rest go to charity.

MrsSpencerReid Sun 15-Dec-13 10:17:32

All ds' are boxed in the loft, I knew we wanted another so it was sensible to save them, however, not sure what I'm going to do after ds2 is born, maybe donate to local nicu!

MrsSpencerReid Sun 15-Dec-13 10:17:53

Or you can have keepsake bears made out of old clothes

MrsSpencerReid Sun 15-Dec-13 10:22:13

Or you can have keepsake bears made out of old clothes

princesscupcakemummyb Sun 15-Dec-13 10:26:56

i am def keeping some items that are special to me i am planning another baby in the future but might not be for years i think il donate the small newborn items to my local maternity unit thanks for the replies ladies smile

BikeRunSki Sun 15-Dec-13 10:58:18

I threw out all the stained vests, pjs past their best and grubby socks. Kept the rest of DS's stuff. When we found out that dc2 was a girl I gave away a lot of the very boyish stuff (I dislike gender themes on clothes, whether cars or fairies).

I tend to keep a few bits of baby stuff (not much now they are 5 and 2).
Well decent labels that are worth the effort for eBay/nearly new sales
Give the rest away to friends with younger children. I have willing recipients for both b and g clothes. Equally, I am willing to receive hand me downs.
The rare unwanted hand me down goes to women's refuge or charity shop. Q

Melonbreath Sun 15-Dec-13 11:26:41

I've given some away, kept some, made bears, dollies and quilts with the rest. I'm quite crafty!

christilass Sun 15-Dec-13 20:32:35

You can have keepsake blankets made with your most favorite baby clothes

LonelyShepherd Sun 15-Dec-13 20:35:16

I've kept one or two special bits in each DC's baby box, binned stained clothes (or crawled-through leggings!), made a keepsake cushion out of some of my favourites, and freecycled the rest.

meala Sun 15-Dec-13 20:37:49

I made quilts with my DCs baby clothes. There's a pic of one on my profile. They love snuggling under them to watch a film. I also used bits with pockets and they love hiding wee things inside. It wasn't too tricky to do either.

princesscupcakemummyb Tue 17-Dec-13 19:01:09

mealawow thats amazing looks wonderful smile

HearMyRoar Tue 17-Dec-13 19:13:18

Most of dd's clothes are from charity shops so we just return them if they are in good enough condition for someone else to use. I am not very sentimental about these things though.

purrtrillpadpadpad Tue 17-Dec-13 19:20:13

Meala that's amazing. How was it not difficult, it looks so good!

clairikins Tue 17-Dec-13 19:29:56

I planning on keeping a few of the special/nicest clothes and then giving them to my grandchildren in the future. I baby I know at one of the groups was wearing her mum's old dungarees. I thought that was adoreable

cleoowen Tue 17-Dec-13 19:32:13

I am keeping everything as hoping for number two. But if that doesn't happen will keep few special pieces and sell/ throw or give to the charity shop the other pieces.

Bunbaker Tue 17-Dec-13 19:35:29

I passed all of DD's clothes on to a pregnant friend on the proviso that she return them if I ever got pregnant again. I didn't so she kept them/passed them on/sold them. I neither know nor care.

I kept the outfit I brought DD home in and get it out now and again to remind DD just how small she was.

meala Wed 18-Dec-13 18:59:17

quilt tutorial

Thanks. I followed the instructions in this tutorial and used my mum's old sewing machine.

minipie Wed 18-Dec-13 22:55:47

I'm keeping them for dc2 but after that I'll give them away or sell them. Might keep one teeny babygro but I'm much more of a chucker than a hoarder.

I wonder if there are any charities which specifically want baby clothes.... I expect Refuge or your local womens refuge might find them useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now