Breastfeeding or Breast milk benefits - confused

(26 Posts)
BoyMeetsWorld Tue 12-Nov-13 22:23:07

Hopefully this is the right place for this?

I'm getting really confused. With all the stuff about the £200 vouchers in the news today, the bf versus ff debate is back with a heated vengeance.

I don't want to get into that or the pros / cons etc. I can definitely see both sides and am not passionate about either. My choice will be for v personal reasons & I thoroughly support all women to decide whatever is best for them.

But I do have a question that I can't find an answer to anywhere. All these.claims and studies about how bf is so much superior & arms against a load of ailments ff doesn't...supposing this is all unarguably true, would the same apply to expressed milk fed from a bottle or does it actually have to come from the boob directly to work?

If from the boob, please could somebody explain why?

Thank you!

FreyaKItty Mon 18-Nov-13 16:58:41

Pumping is harder work than breastfeeding in that babies after a little practise are more efficent than any pump. If you're intending to feed by ebm than hospital grade pumps are recommended. These are much more expensive than regular pumps but can be rented. I must admit it handy in the early days not having to pack bottles etc, worrying about heating them but good luck with whatever you decide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now