Does he want a slap??

(12 Posts)
Caniswear Fri 08-Nov-13 23:58:14

As if it wasn't hard enough night after night swapping my little angel from one boob to the next for 6 hours whilst extremely sleep deprived and with sore nipples, I have to put up with this unhelpful pr* too?

cluster feed since 6... I came into the bedroom at 9, lights dim, no tv trying to encourage LO to sleep....at 10.30, I'm ready to crack...I let out a little sob and "DH" (darling husband? Really?) says "you want me to take him" I sob yes, he then walks out of the room "I'm just making myself a coffee". When he arrives back in (too late as baby is now back on the breast), he goes to turn tv on....I say "are you f***ing kidding me?" To which he replies "well if I've got to take him".

Does this p** deserve a slap or what? Can I put itching powder in his pants? Sell his golf clubs on EBay? STAB HIM.?????!!!

Just wanted to rant! Thanks!

P.s. he's been complaining that he's tired today....(sleeps through numerous baby wakings every night).

P.p.s. he also snores. Like I f***ing need that too

AndMiffyWentToSleep Sat 09-Nov-13 05:47:40

Oh poor you! Yep, he's being a twat.
Some people really need it spelled out to them - exactly how sleep deprived you are, exactly how you'd like him to help.
(Hope you're sleeping now)

DropYourSword Sat 09-Nov-13 06:15:26

P&B?

Poor you OP, he dosent get it does he? Spell it out, you'll feel better. Hope you get a break.

littlewind Sat 09-Nov-13 07:48:41

I feel for you. My DH was exactly the same!
How old is your baby?

topoftheladder Sat 09-Nov-13 10:44:43

It does get better. Your dh will be a great dad and you will adore him again. Today is not great, don't dwell on it. Tomorrow will be better.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Sat 09-Nov-13 10:51:19

Yes you can swear - please do.

Caniswear Sat 09-Nov-13 11:28:05

What is P&B?

Baby is 7 weeks old, it better get better or I'm going to go crazy!!

lola88 Sat 09-Nov-13 13:15:51

DP was a bit like that even now DS is 21 months I need to actually tell him he will need to take a turn or I will have to kill him in his sleep it usually works grin

I find hints don't work you need to tell them what they are to do and ignore them when they moan about it.

Caniswear Sat 09-Nov-13 17:24:31

Maybe I need to expect less! I did tell him last night if he snored one more time I would stab him. I think he knew I wasn't serious smile

littlewind Sat 09-Nov-13 21:38:15

It does get better. My little one was like that. I got very few hours sleep when he was tiny. But at 2 months little one started to get better.
My DH was useless and still is. Snores as well.
I used to come on here most the time to keep me awake.

matana Sun 10-Nov-13 08:17:42

Agree that hints don't work, you need to spell it out, but constructively and in a calm few minutes, not because you're angry and responding to his current display of idiocy! Dh 'got it' eventually but it took some explaining and minor disagreement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now