Upset over car seat incident

(31 Posts)
Twilightsparklesmama Thu 07-Nov-13 20:00:27

So I went out today with my 2 DDs we went to the local supermarket then to feed the ducks after the ducks I was strapping 3 year old DD in her seat when it moved a bit, it is a brittax safe fix isofix seat. When I checked neither isofix points were secured in. I have no idea why or for how long the seat wasn't fixed in. We only have one car so don't transport it between cars other than very rarely into the pils car. My only explanation is that she has pushed the button in to release the isofix???? I feel sick at the thought

Primrose123 Thu 07-Nov-13 23:31:18

Steamwisher and Milktraylady, yes it was crap. My DM loves my DDs very much, but is very stubborn and will not be convinced that she could be wrong about anything. One of the problems was that she could not remember how to strap them in even though I showed her many times.

My DDs are now teenagers and wear their seat belts. They have to remind my DM to put hers on!

LoveAndDeath Fri 08-Nov-13 00:28:50

My Mum would happily let us all roll around the back seat when we were little. However, now she will only very reluctantly take my boys anywhere in her car in case something happens. She does always make sure they are strapped in.

brettgirl2 Fri 08-Nov-13 07:01:48

The only thing you can do is check every time as part of the strapping in routine. We don't use isofix but I've accidentally driven without the seat belt clipped in, I was horrified shock .

My mil can be a bit 'all these car seats are ott', and is always asking when dd4 can go on normal booster without sides despite being well off the weight hmm . After all no-one strapped kids in when we were young (well apart from my mum who definitely used the car seats that were available and deliberately bought a volvo for the rear seat belts) hmm confused She has never not followed my instructions though, I would be furious if she didn't.

differentnameforthis Fri 08-Nov-13 10:13:09

Apologies. I'm being a dick. Sorry.

Yes you are. Not nice to tale the piss out of someone's posting technique.

fortyplus Fri 08-Nov-13 10:22:42

Op you poor thing! But you noticed and no harm was done. Most of us go on hundreds of journeys without incident, so the chances of something happening on one particular trip are remote. I feel your pain, though - I was a paranoid mother with an over-active imagination. Mine are 18 and nearly 20 now, so I have to fuss about them driving themselves safely! Luckily they humour me and tell me how slowly/carefully they drive. smile

purrtrillpadpadpad Fri 08-Nov-13 11:05:24

Differentname

Aside from saying 'apologies' and 'sorry' what exactly do you expect me to say? What are you trying to achieve? I was being a monumental twat, I apologised sincerely, the thread moved on. Stop goading.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now