Yeast/Thrush nappy rashes! please help!

(3 Posts)
mammatoaboy Thu 07-Nov-13 09:36:59

Has anyone had experience of these?

my DS has had an on-off nappy rash the past few months. It's basically a few red bumps, randomly spaced out (appearing on his penis, pubis and bottom) with horrible whiteheads.

He got it again last friday. I have seen 3 different GPs who say it is a thrush/yeast infection and prescribed anti-fungal cream.

I've been using the anti-fungal cream for nearly 3 days now (as well as a barrier ointment, constant nappy changes and 2 hours nappy-off time a day) but it doesn't seem to helping that much. In fact in the morning ANOTHER spot always seems to have cropped up overnight.

Any experience or advice?? xx

OddSocksHighHeels Thu 07-Nov-13 22:47:23

My daughter had it for quite a while. We tried the same as what you have and got a steroid cream prescribed from the GP. That was used twice a day and the rest if the nappy changes was the yellow nappy rash cream (I've forgotten it's name, sorry). After wiping with baby wipes then dry off with a towel so that there's no moisture on the skin while the nappy is on.

The thing that finally cleared it up was a cream from ex-DP's parents. It's from Czech republic and has riba in the name, obviously can't buy it here but possibly on the Internet? It's a nappy rash cream there that works really really well, far better than anything else I've found. I'll look and see if I can find a link for you anywhere.

mumofboyo Fri 08-Nov-13 09:14:16

My dd had a fungal infection and was given anti fungal cream. It didn't work after 4 days of use so we went back and got something else. It took about a week but it did work (she also had the trots which didn't help her, having to wipe poo off every hour and not being ablecto leave her without a nappy). We had to use it 3x a day and keep on using it a week after the rash had gone. We were given fucidin h and trimovate cream, but I can't remember which order so not sure which one worked!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now