what age did you have your children?

(56 Posts)
mummykayxx Tue 22-Oct-13 17:14:30

I'm 20 with a 2 year old. in a long term relationship. we are in the process of buying a house. partner works full time. I'm a home study student atm but wanting to work part time too. am I too young to have the next? I'm so broody and always wanted my babies close together. we were going to wait until we have moved and settled and I have finished my courses. what age did you have your children? how old was the first when you had your second? (:

Ilovemyrabbits Mon 28-Oct-13 13:59:59

I was 36 when dd came along. My first miscarriage came at 30, so we were about 6 years off from the original plan. I tried one last time at 40, but miscarried for the 4th time. That was enough. There are swings and roundabouts with having kids late and early. I would have loved more, but time didn't allow. I have suggested to my 12 year old dd that having children shouldn't be left too long as problems can occur. I also added that too early isn't great either, so please keep a lid on it til you've got your degree!

AWhistlingWoman Mon 28-Oct-13 14:09:45

29 - DD1 and DD2
31 - DS1
34 - DD3 due anytime soon

Gap about 2yrs 8 months both times.

Wish I'd started earlier as had complications in my pregnancies and can't help thinking I would have avoided these had I been younger (don't know if there is any truth in that however!)

weeblueberry Mon 28-Oct-13 14:25:20

I'm 29 and just had DD. Wouldn't have had her any younger personally. DP and I met when I was 25 and I wanted done time that was just ours before we had a family. It also meant I was more established in my career so a years break wouldn't have such an impact as it might have when I wS younger smile

But when you're ready you're ready. No one else's circumstances really matter smile

slothlike Mon 28-Oct-13 22:08:19

I was 20 when I had DS. Unplanned, but it worked out pretty nicely and DS2 is due in February, when I'll be 24. I'd like to have all my kids by the time I'm 30!

isharp Tue 29-Oct-13 13:13:54

hi i was 16 when i became pregnant with my firstand second had the twins when i was sixteen i then got two more kids when there parents died and now i am 18 and pregnant again with twins also so i have 4 kids under the age of 3 twins who are four as they are my brother and sister and two more on the way

Was 19 when I had DD1 who was a huge surprise! had DD2 when I was 31 and am pregnant with DS1 and will be 32 almost 33 when he is born. Am nervous about the small age gap with the little ones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now