I am shit at parenting my DC.

(13 Posts)
CatAmongThePigeons Sun 13-Oct-13 21:34:11

I shout a lot, have been known to scream, left DS2 (20 months) to cry himself to sleep after an hour of trying to settle him. I can't get him to sleep at all.

I am a horrible horrible mother to two darling boys and all they have is a fucking awful excuse for a mother. They don't deserve this.

I want to walk away, but I know I I can't. I don't know what to do any more. I don't want this.

PervCat Sun 13-Oct-13 21:35:32

oh oyu poor thing
kids are fucking annoying. but you need some TLC

PervCat Sun 13-Oct-13 21:36:19

i bet if you had a nights sleep you would be fine.

Right what is our plan? what is going wrong at night?
Imaine you are an outsider,,, what would you say?

tunnocksteacake Sun 13-Oct-13 21:38:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rubyslippers Sun 13-Oct-13 21:40:10

Sleep deprivation will break even the saintliness parent

I remember my DD bring hardcore with her sleep
At this age - needed to feed her to sleep at this point

Do you have a partner???

CatAmongThePigeons Sun 13-Oct-13 21:40:44

Thank you, DS2 will not self settle. Tried to settle him for an hour tonight, still wouldn't sleep. It happens each night. Then he will wake up 20/30 times in the night- We've tried various ways of settling him, but nothing ever works. He just screams.

Ds1 is a star, he too gets shouted at far too often. I have given him issues.

I really am shit. Writing that down has made me feel even worse

rubyslippers Sun 13-Oct-13 21:40:59

Are they asleep now?

If so, go to bed now / tomorrow is a new day

CatAmongThePigeons Sun 13-Oct-13 21:41:52

I have my husband he is good, helps when he can but he's emotionally devoid a lot of the time. There's no other support here, it's just the 4 of us.

rubyslippers Sun 13-Oct-13 21:41:55

Ask your GP for a referral to a Sleep
Clinic

rubyslippers Sun 13-Oct-13 21:43:15

I have just spent money on a sleep consultant

My dd (!) always had trouble with her sleep

PM me if you want x

RandomMess Sun 13-Oct-13 21:45:41

20/30 times per night, tbh I think you are saint to have not throttled your ds2!!!

Def ask for a referral.

Co-sleeping doesn't help/a no go?

Yakky Sun 13-Oct-13 21:57:11

Well you're not going to get much support from a partner who is emotionally devoid.

CatAmongThePigeons Sun 13-Oct-13 22:02:10

Thank you for the responses and sorrt for any x posts, am on my phone which doesn't like MN atm..

Would the sleep clinic take under 2's? I believed it was for older children? When we took DS2 to the doctors when he was about 9 months old for sleep problems, we were told to do CC, which left hom with a perforated ear drum. I'm so wary of going back to the GP with anything to do with sleep.

Co sleeping isn't right for us, DH is a very heavy sleeper and I worry that he would roll onto him, he doesn't hear him cry when he was in the same room.

I have two lovely DC, I feel awful at not being able to cope. I want to enjoy them, not cause them more problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now