Grow old with me! The best is yet to be. Come and join the 40+ mums plus babies, toddlers etc in the snug where tea, cake and sympathy are being served.

(1000 Posts)
somewherebecomingrain Wed 02-Oct-13 06:57:11

We are 40+ mummies sharing all the highs and lows of our autumn crocus babies. Also sharing tips and information (most crying is tiredness!) and jokes. Please join us!

None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm
You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely
It's sad to grow old, but nice to ripen.

PS this thread title was created by eagleray, and she also found the quotes.

rosiedays Fri 22-Nov-13 08:55:07

Lol some! ! Was it the dh of freaky play date lady? ?? I thought it was a very posh school? Just shows money is no indication of class or morals! On a more serious note. ... do you know who the mother / child is? No play dates there would be my advice!
How strange that he should just offer a class a drug to someone he doesn't know.

blueblackdye Fri 22-Nov-13 08:55:16

No way Somewhere! That is a bit worrying

cyclecamper Fri 22-Nov-13 14:58:25

rosie I reckon posh schools are the worst for coke (and pot), amongst parents. They don't come cheap and that 'everyone does it' attitude sounds posh!

BabyC's new accomplishment is kissing. He thinks it's very funny grin.

somewherebecomingrain Fri 22-Nov-13 19:42:16

It's a posh state school. The guy works in advertising.

somewherebecomingrain Fri 22-Nov-13 20:30:06

Awww baby c kissing xxx lovely!

rosiedays Fri 22-Nov-13 20:46:51

Wow kisses smile magic!
I can't wait for kisses. .. still at raspberries here smile

cyclecamper Fri 22-Nov-13 20:49:48

He seems to have skipped raspberries so far. He does seem to be developing a distinctly toilet sense of humour though so I'm sure raspberries will be soon. He giggled at his own fart earlier.

blueblackdye Fri 22-Nov-13 21:05:20

Come on Mums, of course, farting is funny ! smile baby feels much more comfy afterwards ! A sometimes does in her bath and DS would just laugh and laugh and laugh until he passes out ! And if I say 'Stop laughing, you'll die laughing' he would laugh even more and A would copy him too...
A loves blowing raspberries, she has not stopped since she discovered that a year ago. Her kisses are more licking, she opens her mouth wide, DS says it is yuk but still give her his cheek, not so yuk after all.

scarecrow22 Fri 22-Nov-13 21:13:50

tintin cried in the bath because dd was crying - because I was washing her hair, horrible meaning that I am... it coukd have been ghastly but was actually rather sweet: Luke they were allies against mummy....
....Actually maybe that is worrying wink

rosiedays Fri 22-Nov-13 21:59:26

I caught site of myself in the French doors rocking dd in my arms this evening. ... was very weird. .. not a me i ever pictured seeing.

blueblackdye Fri 22-Nov-13 22:36:40

Rosie, Motherhood has revealed a person I have never thought I could be.

EagleRay Fri 22-Nov-13 23:11:08

BBD I've heard baby kisses being described on MN as 'like very moist CPR' grin

Cycle I love the fart giggling!

Rosie how life can change so unexpectedly. I feel like that when I see myself in pics with DD!

Scarecrow you've had it now - those kiddies are united and partners in crime..

Somewhere advertising huh? Pity he had to live up to the stereotype!

Minor drama at Eagleray Towers this eve - had just got DD off to sleep when DP came home in a foul mood DD woke up so asked him to spend quality time with her and then I leapt into a lovely hot bath like a demented hippo. Had been dreaming about it all day as felt so rotten with endless lurghy. DD then throws up over DP but gritted my teeth while he swore and she cried. Big dilemma about whether to get out the bath and help out/feed DD or lock the door and lie there! Luckily she settled pretty quickly and I lay there until the water was cold. Was dying to ask for a glass of wine to be brought up (had made space on the bath rack for it) but decided I should keep my head down...

Moist CPR!!! grin perfect description.ŷplutlmu

Sorry, that last bit was BG. I am rather impressed that he managed an accent mark.

somewherebecomingrain Sat 23-Nov-13 16:40:37

After a few awkward texts all is resolved with the confusing mum. She was ill and felt down and poorly.

Now I'm actually a bit down because the dishwasher has broken hmmhmmhmm

EagleRay Sat 23-Nov-13 17:28:12

That accent is impressive goat. DD managed to delete an app on my phone yesterday in about 1.5 seconds - where do they get these skills from?

Sorry re your DW somewhere I think that would be the end for me. Glad you've cleared the air with Mrs Wedgie tho

I'm being v naughty - we've just arrived home after trip out this afternoon and I couldn't face the chaos of house, screaming DD etc so have chosen to sit in the car for a while to relax. It's dark but I'm quite warm and it's v peaceful plus I have you lot to chat to so all my needs are being met smile

Plus I can just about see down into our basement through the window where DP is giving DD formula in a sippy cup with some success - hurrah!!

somewherebecomingrain Sat 23-Nov-13 17:34:00

Dishwasher fixed! This am it wasn't draining but this eve after putting it through on the highest temp it drained! Alleluia

somewherebecomingrain Sat 23-Nov-13 17:38:53

eagle that kinda sums motherhood up - that those things are a treat x

somewherebecomingrain Sat 23-Nov-13 17:39:41

cycle I love the fart giggling too! X

rosiedays Sat 23-Nov-13 17:45:06

My dh drivers like a fucking wanker!

rosiedays Sat 23-Nov-13 17:45:34

He thinks this is fucking Cairo

EagleRay Sat 23-Nov-13 17:53:12

Yikes Rosie doesn't sound like fun! DP drives like he's still in Greece, which is the source of many an argument

Am inside now, but plotting to convert the under stairs cupboard into a mini snug so I can hide, like a cat would

rosiedays Sat 23-Nov-13 18:02:30

A Harry Potter house eagle. ... I'd love one.
I say a prayer of thanks every time we pull onto the drive that we have arrived home safely. Thankfully we're just home. Dd screamed for full 20 mins and fell asleep 5 minutes from home.

rosiedays Sat 23-Nov-13 18:04:05

Right dinner and strictly. grin

Rosie we had that too, screaming for 20 mins then almost falling asleep just before getting home. Whipped him into the house and into the cot and...
Stayed waked for the next three hours. Naturally. angry
Is now in bed though!
And sad re your DH's driving. Not ok, especially with you and a baby in the car.
Glad you have solved the school gate mum problem for now, sbr, although it still sounds like a little reserve is in order if that's how she is going to be.

This thread is not accepting new messages.