Cheap swimming nappies

(14 Posts)
sharond101 Thu 12-Sep-13 22:43:41

Anyone know where to get swimming nappies cheaper than Huggies little swimmers? They seem so expensive for the little time Ds actually has them on.

Iwaswatchingthat Thu 12-Sep-13 22:45:08

Why not just buy a pair of swimming trunks which have the nappy liner in them. They are washable and will save on any nappies.

You can buy washable ones. Not sure how effect - well we used them with ds and seemed ok but no poos to actually test them out.

justabigdisco Thu 12-Sep-13 22:51:55

Boots and tesco do their own, but I can also confirm the washable ones will hold a (semi-solid) poo.

sleepyhead Thu 12-Sep-13 23:24:57

Are you reusing the Little Swimmers? You can wash and (line) dry them at least a couple of times and they'll be fine to reuse.

Meatyfeet Sat 14-Sep-13 09:53:53

We used Aldi swim nappies.

I've always used the splashabout happy nappy with the inner nappy wrap and a liner, and have never had any problems - definitely cheaper than buying swim nappies again and again

stowsettler Sat 14-Sep-13 16:07:11

Little swimmers much cheaper in Home Bargains btw

MrsBungle Sat 14-Sep-13 16:08:32

Great tip re washing little swimmers! I've never thought of doing that!

PeacockPlumage Sat 14-Sep-13 16:13:35

I have washed and reused Little Swimmers over and over - til the colour fades and they give up. They usually manage a term of lessons!

2cats2many Sat 14-Sep-13 16:17:08

Use a washeable one.

wibblyjelly Sat 14-Sep-13 18:24:22

Hi Sharon, how many do you need and which size? DS has just out grown some, so I may have some spare ones I can post to you?

sharond101 Sat 14-Sep-13 21:32:36

Oh wibblyjelly that is lovely though we had a lesson yesterday so stopped into Asda to get some. The Little Swimmers were on offer at £3 but didn't have any to fit him so I bought the Asda ones, 11 pack of size 4 for £3.27. I normally shop at Aldi so should have gotten them there. I did wash the one he wore through when i got home and it looks fine, thanks for the tip sleepyhead.

wibblyjelly Sat 14-Sep-13 21:44:11

No worries, if you do need any, just pm me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now