Asda wipes - has anyone else suddenly had problems with them?

(10 Posts)
kerry85 Thu 12-Sep-13 08:21:23

I've used asda little angels wipes for aaaaages! And never had any problems with them. So I started getting asda smart price wipes as well to use for daughters hands and face after eating/playing...
However all of a sudden this batch of wipes I bought last week have made my daughters face go all red and blotchy sad the little angels as well as the smart price ( her nappy area is ok though )
Is anyone else experiencing this?

mumofboyo Thu 12-Sep-13 12:00:00

Not so much with causing a rash but found them to be very thin and easily torn. I ended up using 3 or 4 per wipe, so found them to be a false economy. Now I buy huggies wipes from home bargains and they're so much better: thicker and more in them so they last much longer. Their cheap brand gave both dc a horrendous rash that took weeks and several creams from the doctors to get rid of.

itsallshitandmoreshit Thu 12-Sep-13 12:02:32

Anyone else read the thread title as 'ass wipes'?

No? Just me then... smile

mumofboyo Thu 12-Sep-13 12:29:38

Effectively that's what they are lol ;)

kerry85 Fri 13-Sep-13 11:39:30

Thank you mumofboyo will give Huggies a go smile
Started using flannel on hands and face, but need something for when I'm out and about, so I'll give them ago

NecessaryWeevil Fri 13-Sep-13 11:41:26

I've noticed they are much thinner and not nearly as good.
Morrisons ones are good - on a par with huggies but cheaper. (Unless they've changed them too!)

MisselthwaiteManor Fri 13-Sep-13 11:46:19

Huggies are good and if you buy the multipacks not much more expensive than asda ones.

I find asda really thin and stretchy.
The huggies ones are ok but maybe a bit too thick so it's hard to get one out at a time.
Morrisons own are good, the newborn baby sensitive ones I think.

MisselthwaiteManor Fri 13-Sep-13 12:11:09

Pampers are the worst IMO, they feel all slimy and gave my baby nappy rash. She's never had it with any others.

mumofboyo Fri 13-Sep-13 12:52:36

We bought some Simple ones, but they were too wet and rather thin. They gave dd a rash, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now