What baby products can't you cope without?

(33 Posts)
lauren6283 Fri 30-Aug-13 19:44:25

Hey everyone
I'm 29 weeks pregnant with my first baby and I am just wondering if I have everything I need and if there is anything else that I should get.
What does everyone recommend? What have been life-savers? What has made things easier for bringing up baby? :-)

mrswigglemunch Mon 02-Sep-13 04:21:26

sleep suits with fold over scratch mitts - ds always manages to get others off

lots of cheap stretchy vest tops from primark to wear under other clothes ( so I don't have to flash flab and stretch marks whilst feeding!)

Fizzyfuzzy123 Mon 02-Sep-13 04:32:00

Another muslin lover. Not just good for a sicky baby. My ds gets a rash from bibs so I use muslin as a bib too. Brilliant cloth to have to hand. I started off with a 3 pk and bought more after! My changing bag is organised too so I don't have to route around for things. I've got one off pink lining website in the sale.

Fizzyfuzzy123 Mon 02-Sep-13 04:33:18

Oh and sleep suits vests etc. they are more comfortable in these than outfits at the newborn stage

brightonbythesea Mon 02-Sep-13 09:20:52

muslins
sling
metanium nappy cream

All essential!

Definitely lots and lots of muslin cloths. The list of uses for them is endless!
Would also recommend a comfy bouncy chair like the fisher price woodsy friends, great for a short snooze. Also a decent activity mat/gym. In the early days DS loved just lying on it looking at the pretty toys hanging. Now at almost 5 months he likes to beat the hell out of them and practice his rolls! smile

Phantomteadrinker Mon 02-Sep-13 18:07:14

Changing table
Stash of changing essentials and bibs downstairs
Co sleeper cot
Nappy wrapper bin
Nipple cream
Baby wipes stashed everywhere

Phantomteadrinker Mon 02-Sep-13 18:10:19

Oh and a basket by the washing machine for easy throwing in the millions of vests/bibs/Muslinsyou'll get through on a daily basis

FoofFighter Mon 02-Sep-13 18:41:44

Another vote for muslins (or old terry towelling nappies)

Reusable wipes - don't waste the £££ on Cheeky Wipes - make your own from cheap flannels or even an old towel cut up and hemmed, I use baby flannels from POundland, you get I think it's 8 for your £1, so I bought 8 packets, and wet them under the tap or stick in an old tub and wet them with a mixture of herb teas (camomile is good)/water, oil, baby wash.

Reusable nappies - not at all time consuming - just the time taken to stick them in the wash and then peg them out and bring them in, I wash every other day but could probably get away with every 3rd day actually. I have bought most preloved and am set now from birth to potty training for under £100 all told.

One of those terry towelling hammock things that go in the bath, I find it very tricky holding a wet slippery baby and this gives me peace of mind plus it's easier to wash their hair in the bath rther than swaddling in towel and doing it dangling over.

A basic bouncy chair. No need to pay out for all singing/dancing ones, baby will be just as happy bouncing away in one that cost £8 from tesco.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now