is it rong to give my child spaggetti and cheese for dinner??

(32 Posts)
talktalktalk Sat 24-Aug-13 07:41:13

my partner came home from work yesterday he was greeted with smiles and chocolates smile
when he sow i had given the children spagetti and cheese for dinner he gave me a dirty look and in a shoked voice say, thats not good enough!?! he then made a new dinner and left me feeling like a bad mum.i wouldn't have minded if he had just given his opinon nicely as he is the daddy, but to be an arse about something so small i feel is just mean.
he dosnt think he should say sorry for up setting me as he is right. oh and i must add i do feed my children a varied diet with all the goodness they need.

opinions please?

PollyPlummer Sat 24-Aug-13 12:32:32

wtf is a wunk ? I mean wink obviously.

fortyplus Sat 24-Aug-13 12:38:57

I go by the mantra 'It's what you do most of the time that counts'. So as others have said spag and cheese every now and then is fine. When mine were little there was a lot of concern about 'Muesli belt malnutrition' - people feeding their kids a low fat diet because they thought it was healthy. Kids need fat in their diet - everything in moderation. Mine are 18 and 19 now and about 6'2" so fortunately I don't need to worry about the hulking great things!

AmberLeaf Sat 24-Aug-13 12:45:19

Did the children see him undermining you like that?

A dinner like that every so often is not going to hurt.

He sounds like a nob.

Ledkr Sat 24-Aug-13 13:07:04

He heated a tin of tuna pasta salad
Oh that's much better then! hmm

talktalktalk Sat 24-Aug-13 15:43:43

Thank you all for your feed back and sorry for all the mistakes in my posts! I can't use my phone very well.

I think we are going to have a chat tonight when the kids are in bed about things and how its not appropriate to tell me off like a child as he did. I work hard to be the best mum i can be so i feel its unfair to make me feel i am doing a bad job over something so small and silly. Xx

NewJewels Sun 25-Aug-13 20:44:11

Good luck. Totally agree that you need the talk.

Also - his alternative dinner was nutritionally very similar to yours - he clearly has little clue!

HarumScarum Sun 25-Aug-13 21:01:28

My kid has this (with a bit of pesto) about once a week. With plenty of cheese and some veg with it or fruit after it's a perfectly OK meal. I don't get what's wrong with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now