Pleasetalk to me about baby sleeping bags ...

(30 Posts)
AnythingNotEverything Sun 18-Aug-13 16:31:44

So, when I had DS, many moons ago, baby sleeping bags were seen as a bit of an expensive luxury.

I feel like a bit of an outcast, as I was intending to just use blankets again with DC2, due in a couple of months.

I understand the SIDS guidance, feet to foot, one more layer than you etc ... Is the use of sleeping bags just fashion, or am I missing something?

DS never once woke up because he's kicked his covers off, and this is the only argument in favour of them I've even heard. Please help! Do I need a sleeping bag?

GrandPoohBah Tue 20-Aug-13 16:15:04

Dd can't sleep without one now, I think it makes her feel secure. I think they're fab, I got mine from Sainsburys when they have 25% off tu (starting again today!) and Verbaudet with their £15 off a £20 spend.

DfanjoUnchained Tue 20-Aug-13 16:47:51

Ordered a Grobag one off Amazon. Can't wait to see if it helps his sleeping as he always kicks off covers and his feet are cold when he wakes. Also looks like it would make transferring to cot easier

MrsOakenshield Tue 20-Aug-13 16:51:48

oh, they're great, DD was in them until she was nearly 3. Two heavyweight, 2 lightweight. Bloody brilliant, and stops them from escaping too - the amount of people I know who's DC became escapologists after being released from sleeping bags!

John Lewis are the best because they are the longest, so you get the most use out of them, and cheaper than Grobags.

cleoowen Tue 20-Aug-13 16:59:57

I love them and intend to use them until ds is too old to need one. I guess the downside is expense as I have to buy summer ones and winter ones and then he grows out of them.

I swaddled for fist couple of months but soon found he would get out of swaddle and wake up, then blankets I found he could kick them off and more than once I woke up and he had the blanket over his face. So that made my mind up for me! He also sees it as a sleep que and a comfort thing as,he likes to rub it against him face and mouth before he goes to sleep. I am mmuch happier with him doing this with a sleep sack which I know won't,get over his dace.

Melonbreath Tue 20-Aug-13 19:07:03

After newborn dd managed to worm her way out of swaddling and blankets I bought sleeping bags. Although I bought size 6 months plus and sewed poppers under the arms and pu a t ahirt over the top so she couldn't wiggle inside

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now