Do you love your husband more or kids more

(128 Posts)
mommytobe234 Sun 04-Aug-13 23:21:13

Just curious to know , plus i am bored. Thanks

superstarheartbreaker Mon 26-Aug-13 21:36:45

" I think that ideally you'd love the DH more, because he'll still be there when your DC are grown ups"

Er not necessarily! Especially in this day and age. Besides kids will always be there when grown ups too!

superstarheartbreaker Mon 26-Aug-13 21:41:10

I also find it a bit odd as to how you can compare sexual, romantic love with the love you feel for one's children. Romantic love often disintegrates unless you are very blessed but hopefully the love one has for one's offspring does not ever fade.
I chose to have my dd alone as I know that for me romantic love is not a given and can change very quickly. It was also more important for me at the time to have a child than a man although now I'd like both.

FrickingFracking Mon 26-Aug-13 21:52:21

I think the way of phrasing the question makes it hard to answer.

Whether you love one more than the other is a separate question to who you would save first.

I love my DH and my DC the same amount (ie. as much as I think it is possible to) albeit in different ways. I couldn't say I love one more than the other, it is just different.

That being said, which would I save if the boat were going down? My children, without hesitation. And I expect my DH to do the same, always prioritize the children over either of us.

The greatest way he could show me he loved me would be to protect my children first and foremost, even if that was at my own expense. He expects the same from me too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now