Do you love your husband more or kids more

(128 Posts)
mommytobe234 Sun 04-Aug-13 23:21:13

Just curious to know , plus i am bored. Thanks

cantpooinpeace Sun 04-Aug-13 23:25:09

Kids, they're a part of me. I love my DH but love the kids on a whole different levelsmile

XBenedict Sun 04-Aug-13 23:26:50

Yep, my children. I love DH dearly but like the previous poster says my children are a part of me in a way DH isn't.

AlteredState Sun 04-Aug-13 23:45:27

Definitely kids. As an aside, I once asked my mum as a teenager if she had to choose between her children or her husband who would she choose. She said she couldn't choose and I was stunned then tried to debate with her about the "part of me" aspect mentioned by previous posters. She still couldn't choose. Now having become a parent myself I would would always choose dd.

My children. There is nothing that could make me not love them unconditional love is very true

mommytobe234 Sun 04-Aug-13 23:52:41

Am i the only one who love her husband more ?
God. Now i am really feeling guilty.

BitBewildered Sun 04-Aug-13 23:53:53

Kids. There is no contest.

mummysbigsmiles Sun 04-Aug-13 23:54:06

Most certainly my child!!

morethanpotatoprints Sun 04-Aug-13 23:55:17

mummytobe

I love my dh as much as kids. I don't love any of them more than the other.

BillyGoatintheBuff Sun 04-Aug-13 23:55:26

momytobe234 have you got kids ore are you pregnant?

Nagoo Sun 04-Aug-13 23:55:41

I think that ideally you'd love the DH more, because he'll still be there when your DC are grown ups. If he is a good man and you are a parenting team then you have the holy grail, as you would both do whatever you could for the good of the DC.

I love my DC more.

BadRoly Sun 04-Aug-13 23:55:55

When the dc were younger, I would have said them but now I'm not so sure tbh. It's a very different 'love' I think.

I wonder if it was to do with protecting my babies when they were smaller whereas now I'm going into getting them more independent mode grin (with varying success)

Or perhaps I can see them leaving me/us and selfishly I'm looking after my own interests with dh so putting us/him as a higher priority?

dontlaugh Sun 04-Aug-13 23:56:54

Love both very much, but I'd give up my life for my children. And would kill anyone who hurt them, in a way I don't think I would for DH.

BillyGoatintheBuff Sun 04-Aug-13 23:57:57

Badroly makes a good point!

Yawner247 Sun 04-Aug-13 23:58:11

Definitely DCs smilefollowed closely by dog I mean DH!!

KnittedWaffle Sun 04-Aug-13 23:59:35

If I had a H it would still definitely be my DC!

Yawner247 Sun 04-Aug-13 23:59:45

Posted too soon....do you have a greater love for any of your DCs?! My DM always said her first born is a different kind of love to me or my youngest sis!!!!shock

cantpooinpeace Mon 05-Aug-13 00:03:23

No!
Love them equally but for very different reasons grin

thornrose Mon 05-Aug-13 00:04:00

I can't imagine loving anyone in the same way I love my child. It's more of an unconditional love I feel.

I can think of scenarios that would make me fall out of love with a partner. I can't think of many scenarios that would make me fall out of love/walk away from my child.

mommytobe234 Mon 05-Aug-13 00:04:48

BillyGoatintheBuff
One is a teen and other is 8 years old.

K8Middleton Mon 05-Aug-13 00:07:00

Dc - love is unconditional
Dh - love is conditional

Other than that it's so different that comparisons are fairly pointless. The ancient Greeks had it right with all their different types of love.

BillyGoatintheBuff Mon 05-Aug-13 00:08:02

I think my love for them varies over different days confused

But generally speaking my love for them both is equal.

Floralnomad Mon 05-Aug-13 00:10:53

I agree with thornrose , there are definitely scenarios where I would leave my husband but I can't ever imagine walking away from my children .

PerchedOnMyPeddleStool Mon 05-Aug-13 00:11:34

My children.
No contest.

I have a respect for my husband, I love him, need him to be my equal, my friend, I desire him. It's a selfishness.

I don't need anything from my children. I have no expectations of them. It's a pure love.

chattychattyboomba Mon 05-Aug-13 00:14:55

My daughter of course! This has been done a few times but I just don't see how it's humanly possible to love anything or anyone more than your own child.
I would die for her....
The day she was born I looked at DH and said 'I love her more than you! Is that horrible?'
He said 'of course not! I should hope you do!'
And that settled that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now