So how do you deal with witches sneaking into dd's bedroom at night?

(28 Posts)
Xihha Fri 26-Jul-13 01:20:03

As I've mentioned in a previous thread, dd (4) is a little unsettled at the moment due to lots of changes in her life.

Dd is convinced that there are witches sneaking into her bedroom at night and making things fly round her room, she's cried about it a couple of times a night the last 4 nights running, I've tried checking her cupboards, under the bed etc to show her there's nothing there, she says they sneak back in again once i leave the room, tried shutting the window but a) its too hot and b) she says they can open it and I've tried reading her stories about nice witches but she says that the ones in her room are definitely nasty witches.

Obviously I don't actually believe there are witches sneaking into her room but she is absolutely convinced, any ideas how to reassure her?

Andro Fri 26-Jul-13 15:01:42

Lavender pomanders over the door and windows - I drew the line at garlic bulbs to keep vampires out though (used silver crosses instead, I was NOT having garlic upstairs).

BanjoPlayingTiger Fri 26-Jul-13 15:10:33

When dd was convinced that things from her imagination were coming into her room I got her to imagine something she really wanted - in her case it was a fluffy white kitten. We chatted about it for a while, and then I asked her if it would come into her room at night. She giggled and said no, so I asked her why she was so sure and she told me that the kitten was pretend.
So i asked her why she thought the bad things would come in to her room but the good things wouldn't.
It was as though a light came on in her head and she realised that it was pretend and couldn't hurt her.

Xihha Sat 27-Jul-13 12:49:12

Thanks everyone, we went with lavender under her pillow and a toy dog sitting guard by the window last night and have had no mentions of bad dreams at all this morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now