Clingy 2week old baby

(27 Posts)
Jenjen85 Mon 22-Jul-13 13:12:23

I know babies like cuddles an to be held a lot by my DD who is 2wks old will rarely go down in her Moses basket awake, she likes to be held and will go to sleep but as soon as I put her down 5-10 minutes later she is crying and I have to pick her up. Iv d

ZebraZeebra Wed 24-Jul-13 19:00:55

There's no such thing as a clingy baby - especially not at two weeks old! As has been said already, Shea craving your touch because it's the only thing she wants and can make her feel safe. How gratifying is that? 😃

Cuddle, cuddle, cuddle and dismiss this Victorian era nonsense about making a rod for your back. I barely put DS down from the minute he was born and now at almost nine months, he just wants to be off exploring. No cuddles for me anymore! Enjoy it while it lasts. I know it can be a bit overwhelming and maybe sometimes you need your own space but believe me - what you're doing now is creating the secure attachment that will give her the confidence to go off and explore in several months time too.

cunners1982 Wed 24-Jul-13 20:20:23

This is all so good to hear as my 3 week old baby is exactly the same, just wants cuddles all the time, which i dont mind but worry that ill be making a rod for when hes older

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now