Struggling

(3 Posts)
jenbird Wed 17-Jul-13 20:46:34

That's it really. I don't think I need advice just wanted to vent. I have 4 dc's (7mo - 7yrs) and I am at the end of my line. My 2 youngest are with me full time and the baby tends to fall asleep in the car on the school run and wakes as soon as we get home. I get no time at all during the day to do any real jobs. Today I looked after my 11 month old nephew too. My house is an absolute tip, I need to walk the dog as it is too hot to walk him properly with the children. There is washing and wet swimming kit everywhere. We are supposed to be going away on Friday but my dh has just informed me he has a works do tomorrow night so won't be back until late so I have no idea how I am going to get anything packed. I have to get lunches, bags and uniform ready for tomorrow. I haven't sat and watched a tv program in weeks. I just want a sodding rest or for someone to give me a hand once in a while rather than it always being the other way round.
That's it really. My rant is over.....and breathe!

cupcake78 Wed 17-Jul-13 20:49:56

I'd be telling your dh that if he wants to go on holiday he comes home from work at his usual time to help you!

The house and children are mutual responsibility and he should be helping you.

ng1412 Thu 18-Jul-13 09:52:53

Sounds familiar but I only have two. Total respect to you with 4!

My DD is 2yrs old and my DS is 9 weeks. DD goes to creche every weekday afternoon but is ill with a cold and fever so they won't take her. DS is constantly demanding feeding and not sleeping unless he is in my arms. I don't have to even have a glass of water some days.I am BF while writing this.

I would tell your DH that you need his help rather than him going out. I hope things get easier for you soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now