Bond with DD2

(3 Posts)
mckiwi07 Wed 17-Jul-13 20:29:01

DS is 3.5 and the light of my life - I love his very bones and he makes me so happy. He has been a relatively easy baby and toddler and is extremely likeable.
DD is 7 months and from the start has been hard work - just the usual baby stuff really but much more intense than DS. She cries a lot and is very demanding of my attention. I love her dearly and when she smiles at me my heart just melts however sometimes I feel like I don't really like her as much as DS (sad) and that our life was lovely and easy before we had DD and now its pretty full on and stressful. I have thought about it a lot and am pretty sure I don't have PND. Is this a typical reaction to having a demanding baby?? I hate to think that as DD gets bigger these feelings are not going to change

mckiwi07 Wed 17-Jul-13 20:29:59

Sorry the title should read Bond with DD!

You may be misremembering what your ds was like as a baby. I certainly forgot how demanding babies were when dd arrived although looking back, ds wanted my attention, as any baby does. So perhaps try and remember she's being a 7 month old.

Also you should give her more attention - the less you give, the more she will want. Your 3.5 year old is easier - he's older, you know what he wants etc. I'd be careful not to unconsciously "blame" your dd for the stress. You chose to have her - so it isn't her fault.

I found it hard when my youngest was a baby because I never quite knew what I was supposed to do - I find toddlers much much easier. And now dd is 19 months (and ds 3.9) it's getting easier and easier.

You've ruled out PND - can I ask why? Have you spoken to someone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now