Recommendations for days out / things to do with 10 month old

(8 Posts)
Littlecherublegs Tue 16-Jul-13 11:55:20

My DS has just turned 10 months - he's always been very active, very much into things, wants to be on the go all the time!
I love this, though do worry he does get bored sometimes or isn't stimulated enough.

He has loads of toys to play with, I take him swimming once a week and to a baby class one a week, and we occassionally meet up with friends/family so he sees other people. I do read to him, sing nursery rhymes, take him for walks to the park etc., but I think I want something new to do (maybe more for my sake as well as his???!!)

I just wondered if anyone has any more suggestions on what I can do with him / where I can take him etc... to keep him entertained and stimulated?

Thank you!!

GEM33 Tue 16-Jul-13 14:54:53

Zoo? Beach? Library! Mine loves shopping any kind. Park swings.

Gardens or garden centres, especially if they have animals and tropical fish.

DIYandEatCake Tue 16-Jul-13 15:49:09

If you have a soft play place near you it may be worth a go, if he's standing and cruising. Dd loved it from that age as if she fell over it didn't't hurt, and it's usually v cheap for under 1s.

Littlecherublegs Tue 16-Jul-13 17:55:24

Thank you for your responses so far!

GEM33 - I did think about the zoo but wondered if he was a bit little still? And we are planning a trip to the seaside very soon smile
The library is a great idea though the nearest one to us has annoying steps leading up to it so is a big hassle with a pram!!!!
He doesnt mind when I take him shopping but I cant see how that is particularly exciting for him???!!
And yes, the swings on the park he loves!!
Thank you!

BlueChampagne - that's a nice idea, will look into that. Thanks. smile

DIYandEatCake - another great idea, thanks! I think there is one not too far from us. Again I didnt know if he was too young for this though he is just about standing on his own and does like a bit of rough tumble so think I might give it a go! smile

Any other suggestions??

HarderToKidnap Tue 16-Jul-13 18:03:30

At 10 months DS loved baby music class, also those baby classical concerts you can go to. Also messy play at childrens centres, or do your own!

HarderToKidnap Tue 16-Jul-13 18:06:44

Also, I was meeting up with people every day,would have gone mad otherwise. Find some baby groups so you can plonk him down with some new (to him) toys and you can chat! your local Families Information Service which you can access through the council, usually on their website, will list all the groups.

neontetra Tue 16-Jul-13 18:11:43

Do you have a Musical Minis, or similar, near you? My DMIL takes my DD to this weekly. I think it is some kind of franchise, and there are groups all over the country. DMIL tells me it is good, and suitable from birth, according to her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now