Rose & Rebellion sling - when to back carry?

(9 Posts)
PurplePidjin Fri 12-Jul-13 00:07:47
PurplePidjin Fri 12-Jul-13 00:05:53

You can back carry from birth as long as you're confident - ds has been wrapped on mine since 4 months smile

whatsoever Thu 11-Jul-13 23:53:35

I back carried DS in my R&R at 6 months & he was very comfy & secure. I would do it more but I haven't got the confidence (or strength, I have DQT in my wrists) to get him on my back on my own.

jaggythistle Chile Thu 11-Jul-13 21:18:26

Hi

If you want extra advice, there's a 'slings and backpacks' topic on here. I think its under products.

I've had some help in there before. smile

stowsettler Thu 11-Jul-13 07:22:18

Brilliant, great news. I'll give it a try soon. Thanks ladies.

That's similar to a connecta which I have. I started the odd back carry at five months for dd. She is six months now and I have her on my back for an hour or so most afternoons.

maja00 Wed 10-Jul-13 21:18:52

I back carried way before DS could sit unaided. Usually the advice is around 6 months, but if they have good head control then 4 months would probably be fine.

NeedlesCuties Wed 10-Jul-13 21:17:06

I think it's when they're able to sit up unaided and have good neck control (about 8 months). Do a google search for it. Is bound to be an answer out there.

stowsettler Wed 10-Jul-13 18:49:44

DD is 19 weeks old and loves the R&R sling, front carried. However she also loves the Baby Bjorn front-facing, but is far too heavy to go in that for long now!
What age / development stage is ok for them to be on my back in the R&R? She does so love to see what's going on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now