Rose & Rebellion sling - when to back carry?

(9 Posts)
stowsettler Wed 10-Jul-13 18:49:44

DD is 19 weeks old and loves the R&R sling, front carried. However she also loves the Baby Bjorn front-facing, but is far too heavy to go in that for long now!
What age / development stage is ok for them to be on my back in the R&R? She does so love to see what's going on!

NeedlesCuties Wed 10-Jul-13 21:17:06

I think it's when they're able to sit up unaided and have good neck control (about 8 months). Do a google search for it. Is bound to be an answer out there.

maja00 Wed 10-Jul-13 21:18:52

I back carried way before DS could sit unaided. Usually the advice is around 6 months, but if they have good head control then 4 months would probably be fine.

That's similar to a connecta which I have. I started the odd back carry at five months for dd. She is six months now and I have her on my back for an hour or so most afternoons.

stowsettler Thu 11-Jul-13 07:22:18

Brilliant, great news. I'll give it a try soon. Thanks ladies.

jaggythistle Thu 11-Jul-13 21:18:26

Hi

If you want extra advice, there's a 'slings and backpacks' topic on here. I think its under products.

I've had some help in there before. smile

whatsoever Thu 11-Jul-13 23:53:35

I back carried DS in my R&R at 6 months & he was very comfy & secure. I would do it more but I haven't got the confidence (or strength, I have DQT in my wrists) to get him on my back on my own.

PurplePidjin Fri 12-Jul-13 00:05:53

You can back carry from birth as long as you're confident - ds has been wrapped on mine since 4 months smile

PurplePidjin Fri 12-Jul-13 00:07:47

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now