Are you leaving your babies window open a little bit?

(14 Posts)
MillyStar Tue 09-Jul-13 22:22:08

Thanks ladies I'm gonna sneak in and open the other one instead smile

sharond101 Tue 09-Jul-13 22:10:14

Window open here too and even so monitor reading 28degrees!! I am worried also as I watched my neighbour so easily break into my house through an open window smaller than that of DS's in less than 3 minutes when I had locked myself out.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 09-Jul-13 21:57:01

We have our windows open most of the year. Fresh air while you are sleeping is good for you.

valiumredhead Tue 09-Jul-13 21:54:15

Windows always open all year round.

I don't but only because her bedroom's on a noisy street and she's a light sleeper. Have compromised by leaving her door wide open to let air circulate. I wouldn't think twice about leaving it open and may sneak in later to open it once it quietens down.

Thurlow Tue 09-Jul-13 21:52:45

Windows open most of the year.

Jollyb Tue 09-Jul-13 21:48:52

Of course.

PoppyWearer Tue 09-Jul-13 21:47:27

I was completely paranoid about this when my DC1 was little. I think we ended up moving her cot back into our room for the hot weather.

I'm on DC2 now and yep, the windows are all open, at least the ones the DCs can't reach to climb out of.

ExcuseTypos Tue 09-Jul-13 21:47:11

All windows wide open here too

Please don't worry, nothing can fit thorough a tiny window. She will be very safe and sleep better!

KatieHalfPrice Tue 09-Jul-13 21:45:29

Window is open in my DD's bedroom. Even with the window and door open, the monitor is registering 26 degrees so there's no way I'm closing it. It's big enough for a person to climb through if they were determined enough but there will be a 9 stone Rottweiler who is fiercely protective of DD will be waiting for anyone who tries

PoppyAmex Tue 09-Jul-13 21:43:01

All windows open wide here; like Jojay we like fresh air all year round.

It will be fine, OP don't worry smile

Eyesunderarock Tue 09-Jul-13 21:39:49

When was the last time a baby was stolen from their bedroom by a stranger?
smile
I think leaving a window ajar will avoid the temperature rising and your child overheating and is a very good idea.
You can fit window bars if you are worried, we did though not for security reasons. It meant that DD couldn't stand on the windowsill and hammer on the glass. 15 foot drop onto concrete.

Jojay Tue 09-Jul-13 21:36:05

Ours are wide open - and always are all year round unless it's really freezing. She'll be fine.

MillyStar Tue 09-Jul-13 21:33:23

Ive left 14month old dd's window open a bit tonight!

Her room is at the front of the house, it's the top little window and the big one underneath it is locked so no one could open it by putting their arm through!

I am of course now having paranoid mother thoughts and I'm debating creeping in to close is so thought I'd do a bit of a poll?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now