How much water/milk does your 1 year old drink?

(4 Posts)
GiveMeVegemite Tue 09-Jul-13 09:20:12

nick yep, nappies are wet, not soaked, but the morning nappy is always pretty soggy (and often stinky!). So I think it's all good. He seems fine and I offer him loads of water and juice so can't do much more....

Nicknamefail Mon 08-Jul-13 16:18:27

My dd is younger but this sounds like a reasonable amount. Nappies still wet? My dd's nappies are wet but not soaking, but think this is ok.

MoveItMoveIt Mon 08-Jul-13 12:50:30

My DD 14 months has 3 7oz bottles of cows milk a day but doesnt always drink it all so id say 15oz of milk a day.

She has 2 7oz bottles of water/diluted juice a day, and im finding it easier to get these down her then milk at the moment!

I have found adding the juice has helped her to drink more, id rather her drink more fluids then be worried about the little extra sugar.

I think the amount your ds is drinking is fine, maybe offer some fruit, veg that are mainly water to up his fluid intake? Cucumber, melon etc.

GiveMeVegemite Mon 08-Jul-13 09:23:54

My DS is 13 months and has about 600ml of milk and about 150-200ml of really diluted water/juice every day. Is this enough in this hot weather?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now