Presents for a 1 year old

(14 Posts)
sharond101 Tue 09-Jul-13 22:13:04

My DS loves his smart trike and on his birthday was given a giant Mickey Mouse balloon which made his day. He also loves his pop up tunnel. He was one in May.

MortifiedAdams Tue 09-Jul-13 11:24:52

Dd loves this

It is gaudy but worth it for the enjoyment!

neontetra Tue 09-Jul-13 11:22:11

Crayola Beginnings range has lots of stuff for 12 months plus - crayons, felt tips and pencil crayons too. It took my dd a couple of months to really learn how to use them, but now at 15 months she enjoys them, especially the felts. She only scribbles mind, not proper pictures! But she seems to enjoy it, at least in short bursts. She does try to eat the crayons!.

nextphase Sun 07-Jul-13 14:14:19

Not expensive, but hide and squeak eggs. Massive hit with mine, and still used 18 months on.

If she really doesn't need anything, what about setting up a bank account?

nellymartin Sun 07-Jul-13 13:31:22

Not necessarily in the same order lol:

Small cars
Pushing toys
Blocks
Fill-spill toys
piggy banks
Soft balls
Building blocks
Happy land
Tricycle

Sparklesandglitter Sat 06-Jul-13 21:35:27

I hadn't considered crayons etc i thought that she was too young although she "paints" at nursery

WRT sit on toys which are best, wooden ones like the bug ones or ones with lights and sounds (she currently loves toys that make noise, me not so much lol)

MillyStar Sat 06-Jul-13 20:47:29

Elc wooden postbox that should say

MillyStar Sat 06-Jul-13 20:47:11

I got my dd d&c wooden postbox for her 1st birthday and she adores it, was £16 on amazon and its the present she plays with every single day

neontetra Sat 06-Jul-13 19:20:46

Happy land, little keyboard, sticklebricks, rocking horse (we have the IKEA wooden rocking moose) and paddling pool are all things my nearly 15 month old DD loves. And loads of books! We got the crayola "beginnings" crayons above, but actually found she finds it easier to draw with the felt tips from the same range, also safe from 12 months.

joanofarchitrave Sat 06-Jul-13 19:20:36

Something you want to play with. I forced the grandparents to buy ds a garage with one of those lifts you wind up, because I always wanted one as a child.

Sparklesandglitter Sat 06-Jul-13 19:14:48

Great ideas smile thanks

DIYandEatCake Sat 06-Jul-13 16:24:50

Agree with the above, and if you have a garden then outdoor toys like a sandpit or little plastic slide. Also a little table and chair(s) for drawing/snacks etc are useful.

SkiBumMum Sat 06-Jul-13 07:11:38

Anything they can sit on/push-
Wheely bug
Dolly & pushchair - basic one fine

Posting games-
Fisherprice piggy bank good

Basic tea pot & cups-
Fisherprice singing one good and not too irritating a tune

Happy land

Rocking horse

Building blocks

First crayons/sticker books. Usborne & Crayola do nice ones.

Sparklesandglitter Sat 06-Jul-13 06:53:26

Hi I am after ideas for my almost 1 year old for toys as I don't want to waste money! We have a baby walker and ball pool but what other toys can you recommend for 12-18 months?
Also what did you do to make a first birthday memorable? I am going to do a guest book
TIA smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now