Before I had kids I never understood...

(135 Posts)
ellesabe Fri 31-May-13 10:28:20

...why it always took so bloody long for a family of four to get in/out of the car.

Surely you just put the kids in their seats and click the buckle in. Right?

grin

Any more?

Kyrptonite Fri 31-May-13 10:30:15

How difficult doing a food shop is. Throw them in the trolley, give them a handful of grapes to nibble on (grin) and hey presto.

Wrong. So very wrong and naive.

Sparklingbrook Fri 31-May-13 10:30:26

Why people let their children eat in the supermarket before paying.
Why parents pushed the stroller and carried the baby.
Why parents would have the baby in bed with them.

Ilikethebreeze Fri 31-May-13 10:32:28

How much stuff and time it takes to transport a baby and/or young child anywherreeee.

Sparklingbrook Fri 31-May-13 10:33:32

Why Mums of newborn babies couldn't leave the house before midday.

ellesabe Fri 31-May-13 10:36:27

Or why toddlers must have lunch at 12:00. On the dot.

Surely they can just wait for half an hour.

Lioninthesun Fri 31-May-13 10:37:08

What tiredness really was.

LadyFlumpalot Fri 31-May-13 10:39:41

The true meaning of unconditional mother love.

(Soppy pregnant lady emoticon)

flatmum Fri 31-May-13 10:42:58

Lol at the lunchtimes.

My 2y old goes to nursery where mealtimes are quite regimented. On days when he is at home he marches into whatever room we are in at 12:01 on the dot and says "I need my lunchtime"

The definition of groomed becomes clean teeth and hair and face that has been washed for mummy. Days of waxing, nail varnish and bit of make up to 'feel good' are loooooonnnggg gone. sometimes I even forget to put deodorant on

noblegiraffe Fri 31-May-13 10:45:13

Why anyone would go to somewhere obviously shite like Peppa Pig World.
Because you like seeing your children happy, and they have no taste.

PogoBob Fri 31-May-13 10:45:25

that popping into some shops to pick a couple of things becomes a military operation!

Fairylea Fri 31-May-13 10:46:26

smile at the lunchtime ... so familiar here smile

Sparklingbrook Fri 31-May-13 10:46:58

Year 9 Maths. But I still don't. grin

Tigresswoods Fri 31-May-13 10:49:33

Why some one EBFing couldn't leave their baby. I was chief bridesmaid at my best friend's hen do & we were incredulous as to why one girl couldn't make it. Her baby was 4 weeks old FFS. Surely she needed a night off by now?!?

How naive I was.

PenelopeLane Fri 31-May-13 10:53:18

That you don't necessarily want to be away from your DCs overnight, especially when they're young. Before I thought it was something any sane parent would want as soon as they can, but find I don't want to now.

notso Fri 31-May-13 11:14:37

YY to pushing the pram and carrying the baby.

I used to think when I had a teenager I would be a cool Mum who never said no to anything hmm

Until I had DC3 I wondered why any parent with a screamer/tantrummer put up with that kind of behaviour, they obviously weren't skilled in the arts of parenting like me.
Oh how the judgee has become the judged!

Sparklingbrook Fri 31-May-13 11:17:38

notso i used to think 'PUT THE BABY IN THE PRAM YOU NUMPTY!' How little I knew.

LegoAcupuncture Fri 31-May-13 11:19:09

Why anyone would leave their baby/toddler crying while they were shopping. Surely you can just pop a dummy in and make them sleep?

GoblinGranny Fri 31-May-13 11:21:48

Why children came to school without their homework, lunchbox, PE kit, or with a slightly grubby shirt, with unnamed clothing.
Why their parents didn't hear them read, allowed them to have crap toys and weird crap in their lunchboxes. Why parents would sit in a playground ignoring their children.
Why a parent would wear something with porridge or toothpaste or unidentifiable gloop on it.
Why they weren't making every second of their child's existence into an Enriching Educational Life Experience.
Ha! grin

notso Fri 31-May-13 11:24:55

Me too Sparkling I used to think they were loons grin

I also used to think why are they pushing that large child when he/she is old enough to walk.
Fast forward to DC2 who was massive,4-5 clothes aged just 3 and lazy!

LoganMummy Fri 31-May-13 11:30:39

Agree with all of these!

Never understood why parents couldn't be on time. Oh dear.

Primrose123 Fri 31-May-13 11:32:17

How wonderful it is to get a good night's sleep. And how terrible you feel when you don't get any sleep.

xmarksaspot Fri 31-May-13 11:45:01

Way patents couldn't wipe their child's spotty noses shock

xmarksaspot Fri 31-May-13 11:45:43

or snotty even grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now