Back in the zoo where old friends welcome new arrivals

(231 Posts)

There ya go.

Not a very carefully thought out title but 999 posts calls for action!

gomurray Sun 08-Sep-13 20:39:24

Hi ladies,

apologies for absence, been busy with work, school and being fat wink. All going well here, lots of activity from baby (still breech as all kicks are low down), am 27 weeks tomorrow and really starting to believe it might just be ok.

How are you all ?

Buddha, where are you in your cycle ? How are you feeling about things at the moment ?

Marbles, what you up to my dear ?

Moomin, back to school last week ? How are you doing ? Still loved up with C ?

Mummy - where are you hiding, how far on are you now ?

You'd all fallen off the 'threads I'm on'.

So glad all is going well Murray. Was E breech? I can't remember..

I need to do something crafty. Maybe you can give me some ideas. I need a hobby to occupy my lonely weekday evenings.

Was back at work last Monday. L is now in the juniors- can't believe it! She is enjoying it so far.

gomurray Mon 09-Sep-13 20:56:55

Hi Moomnin, yes E was transverse (across the way) for most of my PG, he turned a few weeks from the end. This one is determined to stay breech, s/he has a we flip sometimes during the night and kicks up high but as soon as I stand up s/he goes back to breech and kicks my poor bladder ! Not complaining though - loving it !
I am a bit of a crafter too - just mess about on my sewing machine making wee silly things for kids, nothing fancy ! I am not naturally artistic which is frustrating but I like to create nonetheless smile
where is everyone ?

I'm not very creative either but I like the idea of doing something. Thinking of getting L a little sewing machine for bday/Xmas. She's obsessed with bear factory clothes and they cost a fortune. Hoping she'll have a go at making her own (and teach me something).

Baby has a long time to go head down (J didn't engage until I was on labour). Probably just wants to keep you on your toes grin

Do you have a gut feeling about sex? Are you carrying the same as you did with E? Have you thought of names?

gomurray Tue 10-Sep-13 20:39:50

Hi Moomin. On the subject of sewing machines, you can get miniature ones for kids but my friend got one for her daughter and said it is pretty rubbish. You are actually just as well getting a basic cheap full sized one and you can use it too (or when she is in bed !). Mine is just a basic machine from HobbyCraft which cost about £75 and does everything I could ever need and more (for my very basic projects !) I love making wee Xmas decos, Halloween bits and bobs etc... When the evenings start getting darker it is the perfect time to start up again - thinking I'll dust of my machine in the next week or so grin

I have a strong gut feeling this baby is a boy - we refer to him and 'him' and 'he' all the time ! It will be a genuine shock if it is a girl ! I am carrying similarly to last time - football shaped bump with a bit if extra belly thrown in for good measure (thanks to chips and crisps craving earlier on !) I have a shortlist of names but still have to discuss properly with DP - he keeps suggesting stupid names and not really taking it seriously - I told him that if he didn't make a valid contribution soon then I'd decide and that would be final so he has agreed to start thinking soon ! I have a few girls names I like (Lara is on there !!) but struggling for a boy's name I love - have a few I like but that is all - Help ! Looking for a Scottish/Welsh name ideally, nothing too outlandish or fancy. Just a good 'proper' name wink

Is that the cheap JL one? I found her a fab Cath Kidston book today which has a sew your own doll and clothes. Haven't bought machine yet. The basic JL one doesn't do zips and button holes. Does yours? Maybe I should get her a more advanced one- though not because of my skill.

I carried exactly the same on L&J. Funny that you have E which is J's middle name. I love L as a name. So glad we found and chose it. Her middle name is Ffion. We also had Lucie on the list. I'm rubbish with boy names but Gethin was a contender for J.

Has anyone been to Bruges? C taking me for my bday.

Also off to Centre Parcs in Oct. C was supposed to be seeing Uni mates but L told him he'd be 'out of the circle of trust' if he did. That solved it.

gomurray Wed 11-Sep-13 20:56:11

I think the mini one my friend got was a kid's one - really wee, smaller than the one I just saw on JL website. Mine does button holes and I'm sure it does zips too - not that I'd know as I am not a very advanced or adventurous sewer ! I have some lovely sewing books and great magazines, there are loads of really good ones out there that have patterns and easy to follow instructions for craft projects - they will be full of Halloween stuff at the moment as they are always a couple of months ahead - happy crafting/sewing !

We must have very similar taste in names ! I emailed the 'shortlist' to DP today and told him to get on with thinking about it wink

where are you ladies ?...<echo>, <echo>....

Bought it today and sewing box. Her birthday isn't until the end of October though. Plenty of time to do some reading blush

BuddhaBelly Sun 15-Sep-13 21:59:41

Sorry for sporadic messages, RL getting in the way.
E started a new pre-school for one day a week last week, still at old nursery for 3 mornings but really enjoyed the new place. Thought the challenge would do him good as 90% of his friends have started school this month.

Sorry for lack of personals but I'm on phone and trying to pack for our hols tomorrow and iron grin

Promise to post more on my return my lovelies xgrin

BuddhaBelly Sun 15-Sep-13 22:00:29

Oh and Moomin what are you getting J this year, stuck for boy ideas or all ok this year?

hi ladies smile

how is everyone? smile

nowt to report here except busy busy busy at work...

I have to work FT for five weeks. It's going to kill me along with L&J's activities that go like this...
Mon: Spanish and gym
Tues: French
Weds: Skating
Thursday: chess
Friday: flute
Saturday: gym and swimming
Sunday: skating and piano.

Tell me I'm stupid to be doing all that on top of work and single motherhood...

Have a great hol Bhudda. Think we'll do Star Wars and playmobil this year. He could do with bigger micro scooter too. What does E want?

These new user names get me everytime...

MARBLES!! Got it.

How are you and how is S?

gomurray Tue 17-Sep-13 21:03:04

Hi ladies !

Moomin - are you doing some sneaky sewing before the bday wink. I am all sorted for E's xmas and bday already blush, just have to pray he doesn't change his mind ! I figured that I could have baby any time from Nov realistically so Xmas has to be sorted by end Oct - just have other relatives to buy for and I'm done - lots of vouchers this year I suspect wink

Buddha - happy holidays !

Marbles, good to hear from you mrs, what you been up to other than working hard ?

Bump getting massive here - feeling quite heavy and tight at times. baby moving about HEAPS ! No idea what position he is in now, pretty sure not breech any more, but somersaulting all the time so who knows ! I have a scan on Friday so I guess I'll find out then smile

That's amazing! How organised are you?? Sewing machine is still in my boot. Too scared to try it out.

I haven't had a period for over 7 weeks... My pill is finally working- have waited two years for this.

BuddhaBelly Tue 01-Oct-13 07:20:44

Hello lovelies smile
Had a lovely holiday, well until the last full day when C tried to kill us in the car!! God his driving makes me grey grin Other than that life is good, happy pills working a treat but still struggling to get motivated to lose weight hmm
C is going up the attic this week to get down ds's baby clothes so I can give them to a good friend. Felt like a huge decision hmm but it's done now.
Murray Is E excited about being a big brother? Are you believing yet? Or waiting until your lo is in your arms?
Moomin I've been following the Christmas bargain thread on here and got super organised, we're having our first christmas at home this year (not gone down well with my parents shock) Have you got the kids?
Marbles How's life with you? How'sgrin S been getting on?

Looks like MummyLtd has abandoned us again now things are going well. Good luck if you're lurking smile

Yey; finally!

I wondered why you'd returned home early! Has he passed his test yet?

I think I'll have the kids every Christmas just like the other 320 days a yeargrin
I love Christmas!!

Has anyone been stalking fruity? I've set her up with a celeb wink

gomurray Tue 01-Oct-13 20:40:00

Evening ladies !

Buddha, glad holiday went well. Big decision indeed giving away baby clothes. Does this mean you are stopping TTC or just accepting that it may not happen ? Either way - big hugs and well done, not easy I'm sure. Glad pills making you feel better, now you just have to cut back pre-Xmas in time to put all the weight back on again !

Moomin, who is Fruity ? the name rings a bell... I'm terrible ! Did she come back on here a few months back with a totally different name ? she has 2 sons and lives in London ?... I'm going to blame baby brain ! who is the celeb ?... spill !!!!

MummyLtd has been a busy bee by the looks of it as she is revamping her craft website. I'm going on to see if she has any of those fab crocheted Xmas decos available grin. If you are lurking Mummy, please pop in and let us know how you are doing.

Marbles - where are you missus ?

All good here - baby an active wee monkey. Can be sore at times when I get a limb in the ribs or an 'alien' moment, but it is all very reassuring for me smile. Have a few minor ailments - heartburn, insomnia (on and off), leg cramps and tiredness, all to be expected at my age I guess wink, however otherwise I am tippity top, feel pretty good most of the time - still walking loads and doing my preg exercise DVD 2-3 times a week smile. Loving being pregnant actually which I NEVER thought I'd say ! I have my moments where I worry about baby getting out safely and am completely convinced it will be very early... hmm no idea why !

gomurray Fri 11-Oct-13 23:17:37

Errr ... Was it something I said ?...

BuddhaBelly Wed 16-Oct-13 07:14:03

Back later with a post blush
Sorry Murray x

Hi ladiesgrin

Sorry for the absence! How is everyone doing?

No news here except AF is nowhere to be seen hmm it's cycle 72 this month since we started this nightmare journey so I doubt my missing AF is anything to get excited over...

How's the bumps doing?

Buddha how are you getting on lovelysmile

Moomin how's things with you? Still matchmaking?grin

<waves> too tired to post but I'll come back tomorrow x

Noone around? smile

BuddhaBelly Sat 19-Oct-13 09:02:10

Oops blush Didn't come back!

Massive apologies for my sporadic postings but I'm only really going on MN for the bargain christmas thread at the moment. I think I'm putting my head in the sand re ttc. Just over two years of trying but unlike the lovely Marbles I can't keep on trying, partly age, partly sanity but I can't quite say "that's it" officially yet hence the avoidance blush

Murray please remind me of due date? My memory is worse than a goldfish! Believing yet? What does E think of it all?

Marbles Are you managing to maintain your weight loss slim Jim?

Moomin How's life treating you? Is C with you for Christmas?

gomurray Sat 19-Oct-13 23:04:26

Hey ladies !

Buddha, lovely to 'see' you mrs. You sound like you are taking a sensible approach as being on here can be a bad thing if it makes you obsess. Could you post a link to the bargain Xmas thread please ? Mind you I have pretty much competed xmas shopping... just in case baby arrives in Nov !

Marbles I see S is poorly today - hope you are all doing ok, sounds grim. What cycle day are you on ?

Moomin - you away on holiday for half term ? I have been off all week with E - back on Monday - boo

Mummy - thank you so much for the xmas decos - they are gorgeous, I am so pleased with them grin How are you getting on ? How far along are you now ?

I am booked in for section for 4th Dec (E's bday is 3rd !) as have placenta praevia and baby is breech. All going well though. Starting to feel massive and cumbersome and struggling to get comfy standing/sitting/lying. Getting a bit nervous now as it is so close and I am so worried that something will go wrong now that I am starting to believe and have really bonded with baby (which didn't happen last time). Been nesting big time - loads of clearing out and cleaning going on - feels great ! Maybe that is why my back aches so much ! Anyway, all going well, just have to get through the next six weeks then get the wee bubba out safely... fingers crossed for me ladies xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now