Travel Cot advice

(4 Posts)
talulahbeige Tue 21-May-13 15:57:45

I'm thinking about when my 9 week old is too big for her crib but not old enough for me to be comfortable moving her into her bedroom.
We have a cot bed ready in her room but it is too big to move into our bedroom.
We have been given a travel cot but I don't know much about them and have one burning question. Do you need to buy a mattress to go with it or do they just sleep on it as it is?

Thanks

EasterHoliday Tue 21-May-13 16:01:18

get a mattress - they're very thin anyway, but otherwise they're sleeping on a plank
also if it's 2nd hand, check that the bottom of it lies flat - we've been given travel cots in hotels that have bagged iwth use so that the central leg pushes up in the middle and the rest of it sags away, meaning the baby rolls off to the side. awful things.

PoppyWearer Tue 21-May-13 16:04:19

We used a second-hand travel cot for a month or so with our DC1 when she was too big for the Moses basket but we were waiting to move into our new house where she could have her own room.

We bought a cot duvet and used that instead of a mattress, and it seemed quite comfy. Plus she could use it on her proper cot later.

matilda101 Tue 21-May-13 16:06:07

Hi, I'd defo get a matress-Argos do quite decent ones, the mothercare ones seem a bit thin but my dd has always slept really well in her travel cot. I think she sleeps well as they're fairly enclosed compared to a cot bed which can seem pretty big to a baby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now