4 y o DS has 'fallen into love' with me and wants to marry me...

(29 Posts)
bearhug Wed 15-May-13 12:07:59

I think all little boys do this for a while, don't they? I've been trying to talk him out of it, explaining that when he is bigger he will probaby find someone special nearer his own age etc, but I don;t think he is listening! Should I just say 'Yes Dear' and move on instead?

bearhug Thu 16-May-13 12:20:24

Thanks for your lovely stories! I will enjoy it while it lasts. Funny though, he's shown a definite preference for leggy brunettes, so I am really not his type hmm

Snowfedup Fri 17-May-13 13:39:15

Am so relieved to see this thread I was worried I was bringing up a little Norman bates (psycho) my ds 5 constantly tells me he wants to marry me and live with me forever and never leave home ! Also slightly worryingly often talks with pleasure about some unknown time in the future when daddy will go away and leave us both in peace ?

MyBaby1day Sat 18-May-13 06:20:15

Aawwww, some of these stories are too cute! smile. As long as they grow out of it then there's not really a big problem I don't reckon. I wanted to marry my puppet-CLIFFORD!......we're still close but I love him as my Brother now.

Doedeer Mon 24-Jun-13 11:19:20

I was going to marry my dog, I even bet my parents £20 that he'd still be my boyfriend when I was 16.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now