First camp- Beavers

(28 Posts)
WritermumK Mon 13-May-13 18:33:10

Hi, I'm new to Mumsnet grin

DS is 6 and a half and has been going to Beavers for a few months, hasn't really met any close friends but really loves it.

Anyway he came home a few weeks ago about an overnight camp, really wanted to go. I said yes, paid the money.

Anyway I'm starting to wonder if I did the right thing?

Was wondering old yours were when they stayed out over night with Beavers etc?

OrangeLily Wed 15-May-13 23:18:02

The leaders will be able to give anti biotics but probably won't be that comfortable with a cream but that's dependant on how much of his body needs cream on it. The rules are generally no touching!

However, most beaver sleepover are around 24 hours or less so you could put it on him right before he leaves. Or you could arrange with the leaders to pop down and put it on him or they can supervise him applying it?

The vase vast majority of Beavers are a absolutely fine on sleepover and no leader will keep an upset child at camp! Sleepovers tend to be inside mostly, although rules have recently changed and you can camp.

Just a word to the wise though. We pre-warn our parents that we fib about bed times. So when it's 'far far too late for children to be awake' its actually still a fairly decent hour. The kids actually get more sleep than they think but it's still not enough.

However, when they get up to cub camp it's totally different. They are up to god awful times and up so early. I pity the cub leaders. Crazy people.

WritermumK Thu 16-May-13 07:10:23

Thanks Tournament smile

Fairyegg Thu 16-May-13 22:03:59

Thank you for the Reassurances.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now