Best toys for a 2.3 year old girl?

(19 Posts)

We seem to have done very well at not filling our house with plastic crap, south so that I'm feeling a bit bad for dd, she barely has any toys?!

What are the greatest successes for your 2 year olds?

TIA

5madthings Fri 10-May-13 21:23:35

My dd is 28mths, she lives toy dinosaurs, the toy cooker, wooden train track and her micro scooter.

She also plays with duplo, woody (from toy story) a doll and pushchair. Plastic track for cars to wizz down.

Oh and happy land, we gave the police station, the stable, a windmill, the farm and various vehicles and people etc.

Lots of these toys are ones bought for her elder brothers, we haven't bought much new for her as she is no5.

Also play doh and a little easle that she likes to chalk on smile

FumblesandFrolics Fri 10-May-13 21:23:46

The play kitchen and food (there is wooden stuff around if you prefer) has been loved and played with for hour after hour in our house. Tea parties, pretend baking, tea parties, cooking, tea parties, shopping endlessly until I want to scream grin

5madthings Fri 10-May-13 21:24:05

Loves not lives...

5madthings Fri 10-May-13 21:25:52

Play kitchen with play food, ours is wooden. Melissa and Doug do nice play food and IKEA do. We got some of ours from holz toys, it was expensive but we bought it for ds1 and he is almost 14, so its lasted brilliantly!

exexpat Fri 10-May-13 21:29:18

Both DD and DS at that age played loads with duplo, Happy Land (ELC chunky little people & house, vehicles, shops etc), toy kitchen & food, and lots of plastic animals and dinosaurs (the realistic-looking kind).

FumblesandFrolics Fri 10-May-13 21:29:45

Oh yes, micro scooter and those crayola colour magic books are fab. And she loves her 'baby' and really annoying toy buggy

Not interested in happyland stuff though, aren't they strange. smile

5madthings Fri 10-May-13 21:33:42

If you get toy animals/dinosaurs we have the schleich ones, very realistic looking and detailed. We started getting them when ds1 was little and now have a massive collection.

RubyrooUK Fri 10-May-13 21:33:53

My son and his friends (male and female, aged 2-3) like:

Early Learning Centre Rockin' Robot (a robot you build against the clock, then it falls over when the timer runs out - cue much hilarity)

Duplo

Peppa Pig house, train and figurines

Little Tikes play kitchen

Plastic baskets of "groceries"

Animal hospital

Doctor kit

Thomas & Friends railway tracks and trains

Jigsaws (particularly those based on favourite books like The Gruffalo)

RubyrooUK Fri 10-May-13 21:35:45

Oh yes and they all love dinosaurs and Schleich animals too.

Thanks all, and not sure where 'south' came from in the op, was meant to say 'so much'!

Will see if we can run to a few treats for her, was at a friend's house today and it was like dd had walked into Alladin's cave!

sittinginthesun Fri 10-May-13 21:38:00

Happy Land every time.

MisForMumNotMaid Fri 10-May-13 21:45:26

DDis 2 years 4months and loves painting, crayons, sticking stuff, play dough/ salt dough, baking, play food/ cooker/ tea set, brio and the brio train, dressing up (either pink fairy princess or builder princess with high vis jacket and hard hat). She really enjoys simple jigsaws, picture books and lift the flap books.

She rather likes her older brothers playmobil and lego.

She loves her Daddy's 'Hi-pad', he has flash cards and interactive games on there, and we have a touch screen PC and she loves cbeebies especially the puzzles and the loading game on the Thomas and friends website.

We have a play cottage in the garden and that houses the plastic cooker and plastic play food etc.

MisForMumNotMaid Fri 10-May-13 21:47:30

It is the season of the car boot. Lots of toys for this age go barely played with and you can pick up for 50p.

LazarussLozenge Fri 10-May-13 21:51:19

5mm ply, black board paint, stick to door. Provide chalk - hours of fun.

wooden pirate ship, dinosaurs, funny spiraly track for cars with traffic lights and boulders (from ELC), duplo (lots), home made play doh, lots of craft stuff and paint.

She loves it.

chattychattyboomba Fri 10-May-13 21:57:03

DD turned 2 last month. I am with you in avoiding as much plastic crap as possible but admittedly she does get a lot of joy out of her peppa pig tea set. Much to my dismay. They are like a moth to flame when it comes to peppa pig, hello kitty etc lol.
She loves her lego duplo
Kitchen set (coffee machine, toaster etc)
BBQ set
Tea set
Rose cottage farm
Dolls house
Noahs arc boat with wooden animals
Stacking blocks
Dollies (she as inherited my barbie set) along with baby dolls and stroller
Also musical instruments (she has a keyboard, tambourine, maracas, xylophone, plastic flute and clicky things)
Wooden puzzles
Etcher sketch
Drawing/white board easel
Books books books! (Her favourite is snuggle bunny which has a bunny puppet attached).
Balls
Puppets (lots of giggles with these!)
Also she's still in love with those wooden clickety clack animals on a stick with the wheels that they drag around the house. She has two and every day i hear them clunking across the floor!

chattychattyboomba Fri 10-May-13 21:58:40

Oh! Forgot the most important! Farm animals! She was given an entire set of schleich animals for her birthday along with a wooden farm yard/barn.

JollyOrangeGiant Fri 10-May-13 22:02:43

DS is 24mo. He loves:
Anything with wheels, particularly playmobil or Thomas
The sandpit
ELC tea set
Stickers
Little people and things with doors, stairs or ladders

BonzoDooDah Fri 10-May-13 22:04:39

Another second for happyland stuff - we have loads and at nearly 6 and nearly 4 they are still playing with it in a really imagininative way. (we have the rocket set, farm, post office and builders stuff plus some randoms). Also Peppa Pig house - one of the best toys DD had. The "dummy fairies" brought it and she was hooked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now