Twins sleeping in the same bed...is this ok?

(8 Posts)
MMolly Thu 25-Apr-13 19:38:19

my twin boys are now 2yo and they like to sleep in the same bed. Is this OK, or should I separate them and make them sleep in different beds? They much prefer sleeping together and get to sleep faster too.

MaryRobinson Thu 25-Apr-13 19:40:17

Definitely let them sleep together. Until they decide otherwise (aged about nine!)

soaccidentprone Thu 25-Apr-13 19:52:29

Let them share. I think that if you tried to separate them they would just end up back together anyway.

I assume they have a bed each.

Maybe get them to rotate which bed they sleep in so that both beds are both 'familiar'? And if one has an accident, they can easily just be moved to the other bed.

I'm not familiar with parenting twins at all, but maybe have the same colour sheets on each bed but let them each choose their 'own' duvet cover so they at least begin to see themselves as an individual rather than a 'unit'? Probably won't work though as I guess they'll pick the same design independentlygrin

Pascha Thu 25-Apr-13 19:56:00

My brothers did this til they got separate bedrooms aged 11. You could guarantee that if they started off in separate bunks by morning they would be curled up together.

They're perfectly normal 32yr olds now.

milewalker Thu 25-Apr-13 19:59:22

i have twin daughters, they still share a bed now and again,mostly at weekends-they are 14. we couldn't get them to sleep when they first came home from hospital, had weeks of sleepless nights till we put them in the same cot. wish i'd have thought of that alot sooner.

My twin brothers slept together till about 11 too. They couldn't sleep apart. Mum and dad bought them a bunk which was a double at the bottom, which they both slept in, but a single on top so they had the option if they ever changed their minds.
Normal grown up men now too.
But it was so sweet when they were babies smile

Brownowlahi Thu 25-Apr-13 20:49:01

My children love sleeping in the same bed. I have a dd, 7, ds,5 and dd, 3. The girls share a room and I have recently moved their beds together as they seem to sleep better like that. At the weekend they don't mind if their brother sleeps in with them too,which he loves. As long as they are all happy with the arrangement, it's fine with me.

MMollyMum2 Fri 26-Apr-13 16:53:26

Aw thanks. I will leave them to it. (My account would not let me log on soI made another. MMolly I am now MMollyMum2)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now