3 month old throwing up clear fluid - reflux related??

(3 Posts)
u32ng Thu 25-Apr-13 09:12:01

My DS has silent reflux. It's pretty mild & doesn't seem to bother him much compared to some stories I've read on here.

However just recently he seems to be throwing up clear fluid that just seems to 'eject' out of him. It happens hours after a feed & has only happened a few times recently. One time he was doing a big smile at me & it just flowed out & he didn't even seem to notice! It happened again this morning on the change table & soaked his chest.

Now starting to wonder if I need to take him to the doc or if it's related to the reflux.

Had anyone else's DC done this??

Yes, mine!! It doesn't really bother him although sometimes he would squirm and whine a bit before it happened. He's been on Gaviscon for months and whenever I've tried to wean him off it, the issue becomes worse and he seems to feel it more - he's a really happy boy otherwise.

I'm going to try and stop the Gaviscon again soon as he's 6mo now so starting solids, so hoping he may have outgrown it.

I think if it doesn't cause any pain, probably no real need to get it looked at, although it might put your mind at rest?

Ashinagai Sun 28-Apr-13 18:18:48

He could be starting teething - my DS is the same age and he is drooling quite a lot. I think he swallows the drool then throws it up again, so it's not connected to feeding IYSWIM?
Is he putting his hands in his mouth, red cheeks occasionally?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now