Recommended double buggys

(8 Posts)
waffles1 Wed 24-Apr-13 20:36:29

Thanks All! Will def check out all recommendations and the the pushchair forum!

andrews81 Wed 24-Apr-13 18:30:32

Baby Jogger City Mini! I've got one for my two boys; 6 months and 23 months. The carrycot is great for newborns too.

I kept my mama and papas sola and use that for toddler and ergo carrier for baby as well.

smile

estya Wed 24-Apr-13 14:24:35

I got a phil and teds on ebay for £150. At that price, I'd recommend it for occasional use but i wouldn't expect your 2.4YO to want to spend much time in the buggy for much longer.
For short walks (we have to take the car most places) I have the baby in a sling and the 2.5YO walking.

MiaowTheCat Wed 24-Apr-13 13:34:33

Pushchair forum's the real place to ask...

For what it's worth (my age gap is a 5 week old and a very large 1 year old who's in 18-24 month clothes) I have a britax b-dual - it's got its flaws (the big back wheels irritate the shit outta me) and it's heavy (but most doubles are) but it's a sturdy decent little buggy.

I also have one of the cosatto side-by-sides with the big words all over them (you know the "big sis, little sis" type ones of which there are a multitude). While I find the whole slogans all over them a bit twee - it was a second-hand jobbie that lives in the car for general abuse walking the dogs and the like (it slides in the rear passenger footwell behind the front seats so the boot's free to transport two large dos) and it's actually a very decent little buggy - biggest flaws I've found with that (apart from it being pink - hate pink!) are the fact that if you've got one heavy child and one small one, it tends to pull to the heavier side a bit... plus the fact I just find the spacing between handles to be a bit arkward for me to push comfortably.

silverangel Wed 24-Apr-13 11:13:35

Baby Jogger City Mini - brilliant. Full reclining seats, carry cot insert for newborns, folds with one hand and folds flat.

Totally agree with re McLarens, heavy, cumbersome, uncomfortable for the kids.

I've had a bugaboo donkey and would give that a miss too unless for newborn twins up until about 1yo. Its heavy, chassis is huge when folded and you have tot ake the seats / carry cots on and off to fold it.

nosleeptilever Wed 24-Apr-13 10:51:37

unless McLarens have gotten a whole lot better stay away! I got given one and now I know why it was free. Heavy, cumbersome and setting the brakes just about breaks my fingers every time. I second sling and then buggy board!

MaryRobinson Wed 24-Apr-13 10:45:34

Baby jogger city mini.

But I really recommend a buggy plus sling for the early days, switching to a buggy plus buggy board or scooter

waffles1 Wed 24-Apr-13 10:17:55

Dc2 due in Sept when Dc1 will be 2.4 years. What double buggys have been tried and tested?? Need recommendations please!Thanks MN's

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now