Bed time - 3 yr old dd and 2 week old ds

(5 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 23-Apr-13 22:33:34

Or even 2 week olds smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 23-Apr-13 22:33:04

We did exactly that. Dc2 got put in a sling while I bathed, read to dc1 ect then came downstairs for a long feed.

Agree that 2 week odds don't need baths.

2 week old doesn't need a bath or any of that. I would strap baby dd into the sling after a feed then sort out DS's bedtime then dd up to bed.

moojie Tue 23-Apr-13 20:06:13

This was my main stress this time last year. It was making bedtime stressful for all to try and do them both at the same time.

After a few weeks of this I started putting ds2 down for a short nap at 6ish then had some snuggle time with ds1, woke ds2 at 6.45 then had story all together. ds2 would then have a kick about while I made dinner. Then I would eat and then put him down after a feed at about 8.30.

This lasted a few weeks then gradually we dropped the cat nap and I could put them down together.

ftwm1976 Tue 23-Apr-13 19:46:09

I have a great bedtime routine for my dd who has slept like an angel since she was 6 weeks old. We are bathing ds at same time as dd however I am struggling to see how I can cope with bedtime on my own in future weeks given that ds is combination feeding and that this can last up to 1 hr per feed. Any tips?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now