Anyone got/used a Babymule changing bag?

(3 Posts)
rrreow Mon 22-Apr-13 13:33:42

Expecting DC2 in June (DS1 will be 2yo) and was thinking a rucksack changing bag might be handy especially as I'm hoping to carry DC2 in a sling as much as possible.

We currently have a Bababing bag which is extremely bulky but hardly anything fits in it, let alone supplies for 2 kids!

A google search for baby changing rucksack brings up www.babymule.co.uk but they're quite expensive and I haven't been able to find many reviews. Anyone got experience with these? Or am I better off just getting a regular backpack and putting a separate changing mat in it?

MiaowTheCat Mon 22-Apr-13 20:39:08

I've found exactly the same thing with bababing bags - ours isn't being used anymore - so many pockets, so organised, so big and no space to put things in!

I'm currently using a rucksack from when Tesco did their luggage promotion to be honest - I use the laptop part at the back for holding a travel change mat and things like disposable bibs that benefit from being kept a bit flatter, general wipes and stuff in the remaining part of the main compartment, the very front bit holds nappies fine and the proper front compartmenty bit serves as my handbag part! Works fine when front carrying in a sling as well (I used it tonnes with DD1 like that, alternating with the ubiquitous boots freebie bag).

Given up ever finding a change bag that fits our needs (including the fact we can't hang one off the pushchair handle bars when the second seat's fitted) to be honest - and then getting hubby to consent to me buying it if I did!

rrreow Tue 23-Apr-13 15:02:36

It's funny about the Bababing isn't it?! Looks so incredibly functional and fit for purpose but it just doesn't deliver on the inside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now