Book recommendations for soon-to-be big brother

(8 Posts)
Runningblue Tue 23-Apr-13 21:42:15

Another vote for topsy and tim and the new baby - also good as it features the mum breastfeeding - very right on!
ZaZa's baby brother is also nice, by the same author who wrote the 'maisy mouse' books http://www.amazon.co.uk/Za-Zas-Baby-Brother-Lucy-Cousins/dp/0763603376

ChairmanWow Tue 23-Apr-13 06:44:33

Another recommendation for There's a House Inside My Mummy. DS still loves that book even though DD is nearly 4 weeks old. The downside is it's a bit gender specific (refers to new baby as 'he'. We knew we were having a girl so adapted it). Also contains the alarming line 'The door is rather tight' referring to the, ahem, 'door' to the house inside mummy.

We also got Waiting for Baby and My New Baby which are part of the same series but 2 yo DS found them a bit dull.

PoppyWearer Mon 22-Apr-13 22:49:35

We liked "There's a house inside my mummy" and Topsy and Tim.

The key is not to tell them too early, as they will expect the baby there immediately and get bored waiting and having it hammered on constantly!

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 22-Apr-13 22:43:47

Topsy and time new baby is a good one.

JolieColombe Sat 20-Apr-13 22:57:59

Thank you smile

Asinine Sat 20-Apr-13 21:11:29

The book 'siblings without rivalry' is excellent, but for parents!

Fuckwittery Sat 20-Apr-13 21:04:21
JolieColombe Sat 20-Apr-13 20:58:57

Friends are expecting their second child, and aren't sure how to break it to their DS, they're thinking a book might help. She's not a MNetter, but asked if I could post on here for recs. He'll turn 2 shortly before her due date, do any of you wonderful people know of a book about getting a little brother/sister aimed at this age group? Any other tips would be welcome smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now