People ar so rude when you don't have the kids with you!

(4 Posts)
Frecklesandspecs Sat 20-Apr-13 21:05:00

I'm too polite for that snazzy grin
I have got to learn how to be a Londoner though at some stage!

Snazzynewyear Sat 20-Apr-13 20:59:16

I have to say as a non-Londoner, I get this when I go to London no matter who I'm with. I know it's a cliché... Have you tried saying 'excuse me' very loudly or getting your elbows out? A lot of the time people just rely on no-one ever saying anything.

Frecklesandspecs Sat 20-Apr-13 20:56:37

....and I think this thread has been written by an overhormonal, don't know where it's going kind of way. sad

Frecklesandspecs Sat 20-Apr-13 20:55:17

Ok, so I hardly ever go out without my kids as they are still young. (3.5,1.5 and I am pregnant with no 3)
Occasionally I pop into town at the weekend on my own while they stay home with dh.
I guess in a way they have become my security blanket in a way and I do miss them if I'm away from them for long - even though I moan every day I need a break!
DD1 does go to nursery 3 hours a day but that's it.
Anyway, does anyone else find how people treat them differently when they are out alone or with the kids?
Ok, people are rude when you have kids too but somehow in general they are a bit more accommodating.
Today, I went into a few shops (I am showing now as pregnant) but found people just stand in your way, block your way when they know you are damm well right in front of them trying to get through, push and shove and just don't bother to even look at you.

Maybe it's because are aware that a nasty ram from a pram could hurt (when you are with the kids)?

Anyway, maybe I'm just ranting on and being an oversensitive pregnant so and so. But bloody hell. People are so miserable and rude nowdays when you don't have a pushchair with you.

I have given up on public transport now with and without the kids. I would rather walk the two miles.

(I live in London by the way grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now