Advice on 2yr old's music class

(3 Posts)
Suzieismyname Sat 20-Apr-13 12:46:16

Most of the boys I know who went to DD1's music class gave up around 2 years. The boys just wanted to run around. Dd1 was fine until nearly 4.
He's probably bored so could you find a mini-football or something similar for him instead?

HumphreyCobbler Sat 20-Apr-13 12:30:39

If you DH has to spend the entire time disciplining your ds then I would agree with him, there really is no point continuing. My ds was really hard work at that age, wouldn't take no for an answer and I had to change the activities I did with him in order to make my life bearable. I put more emphasis on running around in parks/soft play/balance bikes. I didn't see it as giving up on my expectations of his behavior, just waiting out a phase. My DS behaves really well now.

louloutheshamed Sat 20-Apr-13 12:26:38

Since my ds was 3mo he has gone to a music group once a week- obv this was for my benefit at first so that I could meet other mums etc but hen he started to enjoy it too. It's just singing, maracas, toys and games etc.

I went back to work ft when he was 1 and dh dropped to 4 days per week, so he continued to take ds on a Friday. He has been going for over a year now and enjoys it, doesn't seem to bother dh being the only dad there.

BUT Ds is now 2.3 and dh was saying he doesn't know if he should sign up for next term as ds is being naughty during the class, running round, trying to press the buttons on the cd player etc and dh spends the whole time chasing after him.

Wwyd? Should I just leave it to dh as he is the one who has to go?

Obviously it is up to dh but dh is sometimes the 'good cop' ( ie softie) in our marriage and I can't help thinking he should just be firmer with ds and persevere as ds does get a lot out of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now