When and how to wean swaddling?

(4 Posts)
moonprayer Wed 17-Apr-13 17:00:13

My LO is 16weeks old and is still swaddled to sleep. Shall I wean him from the swaddle? How should I do that? I've tried swaddling with one arm out but he becomes either frustrated and cries, or so playful and plays with his hand for ages, just doesn't fall asleep. Does it mean he is not ready? Thanks.

RainDancer Wed 17-Apr-13 17:04:59

Watching this with interest as I have the same question about my 17 week old. Tried putting her down for a nap this morning with one arm out and she woke up every few minutes - which I guess means she isn't ready!

thetigerwhocametoteax Wed 17-Apr-13 20:29:47

another one watching with interest - DS is (oh dear wait for it) 7.5 months and still swaddled - he escaped the blanket last night and could not settle at all, cried and cried until I wrapped him back up again......

moonprayer Fri 26-Apr-13 12:17:58

Just a follow-up. DS has been sleeping without being swaddled for two days, for both daytime naps and night sleep. I didn't train him, but just put him down when he is really sleepy. Hopefully it will last.... Though he has some other issues bothering his sleep nowsad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now