What do you do with nappies?

(80 Posts)

Pooey disposable nappies, that is.

We've been tootling along quite well with a tall and skinny pedal bin in DS's room, emptying it every 3 days or so, but now he's well established on solids the room is starting to, well, hum a bit. I know some people take dirty nappies straight to the outside bin, which is laudable, but I'm far too lazy to do that that isn't very practical for us.

What do you do?

BonaDea Mon 08-Apr-13 09:13:24

Tommy tippy nappy bin. We have one upstairs and I one downstairs. Seems to be doing the trick...

dublindee Mon 08-Apr-13 11:58:24

Gotta laugh at all the people thinking they're saving the environment by flushing the poo down the loo and using gallons of water in the process!! It's six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Seriously Elphaba - having a dedicated big bin with heavy duty liner just outside the back door is fab. Works great for me as hail, rain, snow - whatever it can go out as I don't even need to put shoes on! Then you just transfer to the wheelie bin when needed!

Beatrixpotty Mon 08-Apr-13 13:30:47

Tommy Tippee nappy bin kept in back porch where it's cold and airy .Buy the Wrapooh refill liners on amazon,bit of a faff but saves money.

silverangel Mon 08-Apr-13 14:27:53

I have twins. Angelcare bins upstairs and downstairs and they don't smell at all.

depends how often you flush the loo..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now