Female superheroes popular with 5 year olds?

(16 Posts)
Treeleaf Sat 30-Mar-13 01:13:09

I like Catmint's idea, but if you want ready made heroes why not cast your net a bit wider and allow heros from mythology and literature rather than just naff tv progs? We've been reading Greek myths and my 6 yr old DDs are very inspired by Athene. -You can't get much more powerful than that!

Firsttimer7259 Thu 28-Mar-13 12:17:26

Give her a stake and she can be Buffy - the best of all female supers in my view. Or Joan of Arc ..but I guess shes a bit young

Ideally you want someone with a catchphrase: I would just go with a boy one - Spidey is ace 'my spidersense is tingling'! Or Buzz Lightyear - 'to infinity and beyond'! Green face/body paint for hulk: 'hulk smash'! Makes me happy just thinking about it a whole party to run about going 'hulk SMASH'

Stropzilla Wed 27-Mar-13 22:08:19

My 5 year old DD loves Spiderwoman and the Scarlet Witch. I blame DH who leaves Avengers comics around.

lopsided Wed 27-Mar-13 22:01:06

Supergirl

I got a costume on amazon and its lovely. The red parts are metallic shiny fabric and it has lots of gold. It's a great costume, even the boys want to wear it here.

Could also make batgirl using bin liners.

Catmint Wed 27-Mar-13 20:38:56

Dd now 6 is obsessing over power rangers. It is still on and they still make the toys! Who knew?!

Have a lovely party, glub.

Wonder Woman! (showing age here grin)
Bat Girl?
Agree with Catmint, invent a new one. Have fun thinking of a slogan, a costume, super powers and nemesis.

livealoha Tue 26-Mar-13 22:38:50

Power rangers

glub Tue 26-Mar-13 22:34:19

*more actual ones

glub Tue 26-Mar-13 22:33:55

wish there were some actual ones though

glub Tue 26-Mar-13 21:53:04

catmint that sounds like an idea thanks!

blueberryupsidedown Tue 26-Mar-13 21:49:32

Gwen, Ben 10's cousin. ben10.wikia.com/wiki/File:Gwen_face_by_BenGwen.jpg

She is super cool! And she could wear an omnitrix...

glub Tue 26-Mar-13 21:48:08

she has a spiderman suit and loves spiderman but needs grownup help to unzip it for a wee so not the best thing to wear on the day. aren't the power rangers a bit old skool?

Catmint Tue 26-Mar-13 21:47:35

just thinking. my DD had a superhero party for her fifth. But no one was allowed to come as a superhero. they had to come as themselves and then discover (choose) their super powers at the party. We cut up tie neck bin bags as capes and provided markers, stickers etc for them to decorate. Also bought plain card masks from yellow moon for them to decorate. Had a hero parade. We got someone from local drama group to lead it, but I bet there are loads of ideas on Internet.

Catmint Tue 26-Mar-13 21:43:05

The yellow and pink power rangers?

MortifiedAdams Tue 26-Mar-13 21:35:25

Elastigirl (The Incredibles)

She could dress as a boy superhero.

glub Tue 26-Mar-13 21:32:47

Hi everyone my daughter is turning five soon and is having a superhero party (probably soon to become superheroes and princesses/princes) and i was just wondering if there actually existed any female superheroes who were popular with children? i know there exists wonderwoman, catwoman etc but they seem to be more popular with grownups. a few years ago i remember there were the powerpuff girls (not that i've ever seen a single episode...) but what is there nowadays? would be shameful if there were none i think so please some ideas of female superheroes who are all about catching the baddies/coming to the resuce while of course being cool, without being a victim!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now