How many children do you want? Ideally?

(108 Posts)
redplanet Mon 25-Mar-13 16:43:31

Are you having less than you would like to becuase of financial/ social/ practical restraints? Do you think you always regret not having the last one?

jellybeans Sun 31-Mar-13 14:48:52

I always wanted 3 or 4. However once I had 4 (3 & 4 were twins) I wanted a 5th. Always wanted big family. Don't want more though feel complete smile

Essexgirlupnorth Sun 31-Mar-13 16:25:46

I'm 13 weeks pregnant with my first and would like two in total as would DH.
One of my friends has two boys and wants a third mainly because she is desperate for a girl. She had such a bad pregnancy with number two she said no more but as soon as she had said she would like another.

leonardofquirm Sun 31-Mar-13 17:59:00

I always thought I wanted 2, DS2's birth was a lot easier than his big brother's though and I remember thinking "I could totally do that again" blush

If we had the lottery win and big house I'd have one or 2 more I think, I really want another squishy new baby (and cool little person). grin If we had one now with me working full time and DH as SAHD I think we'd fall out every day though as i am too sleepy and busy. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

MummyPig24 Mon 01-Apr-13 20:10:38

I want 4. We have 2 and will definitely have a 3rd but almost certainly not a 4th, that would just tip us over the edge financially, space wise and everything else. 3 seems like the magic number for our family, 4 would be nice but not doable.

stopprocrastinating Mon 01-Apr-13 21:15:24

We have one, and I'd happily stop at one. However DH wants two or three.

MyBaby1day Tue 02-Apr-13 04:31:47

I have always dreamed of just having the one, I'm an only child myself and so know what the experience is like-bloody GREAT!! grin

TreeLuLa Tue 02-Apr-13 05:00:32

I wanted 4. But was infertile. 7 years of trying.

Went all out for fertility treatment - could only afford one go.

Had twins! Feel so blessed to have 2 - so we'll be sticking with that! grin

MakeNoResolutions Tue 02-Apr-13 05:32:46

We have 2 fabulous children, currently 6 and 9. I would love another one (or two if I'm honest) but financial and time (i.e. not enough hours in the day) constraints mean we have decided our family is complete. It's something I struggle with all the time but I'm sure as time goes by I'll make my peace with the situation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now