removing poo stains

(12 Posts)

Daylight/sunshine - might take 2 or 3 days at this time of year though.

maybunny Wed 27-Feb-13 19:34:32

Ariel stain remover works for me! Spray it on and chuck it in the machine (works even when the clothes have sat overnight in the washing basket!)

orangeshortbread Wed 27-Feb-13 07:25:11

thanks for replies - I will try some of these ideas.

rootypig Tue 26-Feb-13 19:28:01

soak in soda crystals solution then wash, cheap as chips

juule Tue 26-Feb-13 19:22:03

Soak/wash with washing soda. Hang out in sun to bleach. Doesn't have to be sunny, just outside in daylight.

ChunkyPickle Tue 26-Feb-13 19:20:41

bleach soak, or boil in oxyclean (that last even got out banana). That's if a normal wash with oxyclean didn't do it.

TattyCatty Tue 26-Feb-13 19:17:12

Cold water (never warm), bog standard washing up liquid and a good old scrub will do the trick if it's going to come out. Bit of sun to help bleach as well after it's been in the washing machine on usual cycle (although not that practical at this time of year).

I usually wash them on a 90 degree cycle. That usually does the trick. If it's really bad I chuck it out without attempting!

Purplecatti Tue 26-Feb-13 19:04:38

Rub in some vanish, leave to soak for a bit and give a good old scrub. Then bung it in the washing machine with more vanish.
Poo explosions are a regular occurrence in our house

fluffacloud Tue 26-Feb-13 18:42:01

I use a bar of vanish and cold water first then put it on a 40c wash.

Works for me most of the time.

redwellybluewelly Tue 26-Feb-13 18:40:17

Hang them in the sunny, sunny patch on a windowsill woul do t

orangeshortbread Tue 26-Feb-13 18:38:51

What is the best way to remove poo stains from babygrows? I've tried soaking them in napisan but it doesn't seem to be very effective.
Thanks for you help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now