ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

12 month vaccinations - what to expect?

(7 Posts)
SuperDuperTrooper Tue 26-Feb-13 11:03:53

My DS was fine too. He was really unsettled after the last lot so I dreaded the mmr. We also had the boosters given at the same time so was 3 injections in total. he had 2 in one thigh and 1 in the other. He cried during - obviously- but was fine soon after and wasn't poorly or unsettled at all. That was about 4 weeks ago. Such a relief. Hope yours goes smoothly too!

babySophieRose Mon 25-Feb-13 21:58:34

Mine was fine, has 12 &13th months together, I was worried sick at the time, as she has been unsettled after the previous ones, but surprisingly no ill effect at all.

vallinnapod Sun 24-Feb-13 20:58:30

DS was completely fine - he was after all jabs at all stages. Hope that helps - I too had a bit of a worry about these.

The worst part is they are now grabby so trying to control the octopus arms is the toughest part grin

Side affect-wise I was told to think if it in reverse. Week 1 they are likely to get Rubella symptoms, week 2 facial swellings etc for Mumps and week 3 measles type rash. As I said though none of this happened with us.

Jac1978 Sun 24-Feb-13 20:39:57

Thanks guys! Feel nervous about this one for some reason!

mummy2benji Sun 24-Feb-13 19:52:29

Some babies can get the above, but many are absolutely fine. Ds didn't have any adverse effects after his, but had a high fever after his 3 month jabs. Same advice as with the previous jabs - and watch for localised reaction etc. Make sure you have Calpol in the cupboard just in case!

Bibs123 Sun 24-Feb-13 16:13:18

they tell you to expect a high temp/off colour a week or 2 post vaccination. Mine had a high temp and was generally off 7 days after the MMR. Apart from that she was fine.

Jac1978 Sun 24-Feb-13 14:20:11

Are there many side effects with this one? (MMR)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now