What does the tooth fairy do with the teeth?

(24 Posts)
MamOfTwo Tue 12-Feb-13 17:48:36

DD: What does the tooth fairy do with all the teeth?
Me: Erm...
Mumsnetters, answers please! And while we're at it, what is her going rate these days?
(Decided to come out of lurkerdom to post this as this question had me stumped!)

FantasticDay Tue 12-Feb-13 17:51:13

Makes furniture. A two pound coin.

girliefriend Tue 12-Feb-13 17:51:24

Builds fairy castles with them, about a quid per tooth!!

queenofthepirates Tue 12-Feb-13 18:11:22

The tooth fairy we grew up with deposited them into little bags marked 'Queenie' & 'Queenie's younger brother' and put them in a little velvet lined box. Mum said she couldn't bear to part with any bit of us. So sweet.

Except now she's a mad hoarder who drives her poor husband spare by refusing to let go of broken suitcases.

pippop1 Tue 12-Feb-13 18:25:22

The tooth fairy gives the teeth to little babies who don't have any. (They are recycled).

notapizzaeater Tue 12-Feb-13 18:28:19

She gives mummy and daddy the first one to keep then takes the rest and grinds them into sand on the beach

FortyFacedFuckers Tue 12-Feb-13 18:31:25

My tooth fairy does the same as pips grin

Beachcombergirl Tue 12-Feb-13 19:09:16

I like the sand idea. My babies tooth fairy will be doing that too

MamOfTwo Tue 12-Feb-13 21:40:03

Thanks for the replies, ladies. Some good ideas there - like the fairy castle and the sand ideas. Wow, £1-2 for going rate! I got 10p back in the day. Still, I guess that's inflation for you!

EverybodysSootyEyed Tue 12-Feb-13 21:42:53

really nice shiny teeth are used to build their castles (all fairies live in castles)

the not so nice ones are ground down to make fairy dust

the going rate varies from 50p-£2 depending on what change i have

Meglet Tue 12-Feb-13 21:46:07

She pops them in a box high out of reach of the dc's as she hasn't decided what to do with them yet blush.

£1 a tooth.

She puts them in the compost.

Ooops, I thought you were asking what she actually does with them, not what to tell the DCs. Mine have never asked, but if they do, I might have to plead ignorance and just say that it's one of life's mysteries...

50p per tooth here, but there are a lot of teeth coming out in this house, so due to the laws of supply and demand, the rate is lower than it is in some families.

Shallishanti Tue 12-Feb-13 21:52:07

so glad you asked
my dcs left a letter asking just this and received the reply that they get put in a museum in fairyland
grin

Keeps them in a castle. I've read 'Hogfather'. smile

notapizzaeater Tue 12-Feb-13 21:53:52

£2 for first one (as that one goes to mummy and daddy) £1 thereafter. Also tooth fairy is really really busy so might not get round the first night - can take a few days before she gts everywhere sad

Our tooth fairy makes furniture too!

SanityClause Tue 12-Feb-13 21:59:41

She throws them out the window onto the gravel drive.

makemineapinot Tue 12-Feb-13 22:02:08

£1 here and after seeing Rise of the Guardians, or whatever the recent film was called, my DCs believe that the tooth fairy keeps them safe as they hold your memories!

sarahtigh Thu 14-Feb-13 12:48:55

£1 is generally ok the average is about £1.25

50p here - with option of £1 for molars ...

Have also read "Hogfather" but like the idea of recycling (if I'm ever asked).

UniS Thu 14-Feb-13 22:59:46

Builds fairy castles with the help of an artist palaces.org.uk/donate-your-tooth/

you reminded me , I need to post off the most recent 2. they came out with in 24 hours of each other.

Julesnobrain Sat 16-Feb-13 22:02:53

I thought everyone knew- they are ground down to make magic fairy dust... You know the sparkle from the wands of Tinkerbell et al.

Going rate £1. If the fairy is soooo busy and she forgets / can't make it, then the following night you get a £1 plus a special Toothie fairy certificate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now