Our new place to chat about our beautiful toddlers! Where have our babies gone???

(999 Posts)
KLou111 Mon 11-Feb-13 10:12:11

Another thread girls, can't believe we're here already!

lizandlulu Fri 22-Mar-13 18:09:39

A freind of mine slept on the bedroom floor for about a week, just to knock them out the habit of waking, might be worth a try? She put a mattress on the floor so it was fairly comfy and it just soothed her boy cause he knew his mummy was there.

I do hope it sorts itself out soon, it's awful not getting enough sleep.

Mel, whatever did you get banned for!!! I didn't know they even did that!

I got an appointment today for taking violet to have her lump looked at. Got to take her to kingsmill on the 15 th April.

Any nice plans for the weekend?

I'm going to meadowhall Sunday with my mate. No kids!!!, just think of the luxury of eating with two hands, and while it's hot, and not have to Shar it, and not tell people off for kicking the table, or climbing out he highchair!! Or spilling anything!!! Bliss

KLou111 Fri 22-Mar-13 18:30:27

Yes it is odd Mel, and frankly had enough, but one of those things.
Banned, jeez you must've said something really bad!!
Well, we're off to priscilla tomorrow, show at 2.30, so planning to give Euey lunch then go.
Our friend is stopping tonight so she told us to go earlier and have a bite to eat, so may do if she's happy to feed him.

I really hope he does better tonight, if not, it's futon on the floor tomorrow for when (or if!) he wakes.

Bet you can't wait for sunday Liz!! Sounds bliss!! envy

KLou111 Fri 22-Mar-13 21:46:43

So our friend was meant to be here 9 latest, got text saying no later than 10 at about 9.30. Do you think it would be rude to go to bed just after she arrives lol! Am about done in!

Just watching the multiple birth thing on bbc3, 2 words FUCK THAT! Lol, looks very hard work!

lizandlulu Fri 22-Mar-13 22:15:01

No you got to stay up with her for an hour minimum!!! Is she a very good friend?

KLou111 Sat 23-Mar-13 06:47:14

Morning. Well ended up in bed at 12.30, I was knackered when she arrived at 10, but don't see her often and felt bad going to bed, but I don't want to fall asleep at the show!! In the end I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer so we had to go.
Euan woke at 5.40 and am currently lying in his bed while he watches the tv (just put it on). Wouldn't go back to sleep, but at least we're moving back in the right direction waking wise. A lot better than 4!
He woke about 2.30 and had a couple of seconds of calling out , I just thought oh god this is getting worse ad worse!! I went to get up, so went to the loo first and he shut up. Great!
Hopefully at least 6 tomorrow smile

Iwish Sat 23-Mar-13 19:54:45

Hey lovelies!

Getting later klou! Hope he sleeps past 6 tomorrow for you.
I saw that multiple thing too, I couldn't cope!! DH said he would just die haha!
How was your day?

What have you done today liz? Bet you are looking forward to tomorrow.

Wow melly what on earth did you do??

Today we didn't do much. Did the boring food shop then we played in the snow. And Joshua slept from 12:55-3:55!! And he's in bed asleep already. Love it.

lizandlulu Sat 23-Mar-13 20:17:17

Hope you get abit of a lie in tomorrow morning!!!

Did he have a nice time with your friend? You are so lucky that he will stay with different people. Unless its my mum, dad or mil, violet has a fit if I leave her!

And did you have a nice time?

lizandlulu Sat 23-Mar-13 20:20:59

Sorry iwish, I missed your post.

Yes bloody snow! I hate it, it keeps trying here, we had a smattering, but nothing much. It's just all slushy and wet.

Today we braved the blizzard wet stuff and went up town! I thought only mental people like us would be out and about, but town was really busy and costa was packed!

Then this afternoon we went to a Easter craft thing at the library. Lulu had been invited to a Party, but said she would rather go to that, so went threre then to a fiends for a hour, then home.

KLou111 Sun 24-Mar-13 06:36:58

We got 6am woohoo! Never thought is say that lol! Had a tiny cry at 1.50 which made my heart sink, but literally went wahwahmamagaga and that was it. So frikin happy, hopefully we've found a 'cure'!
Rob suggested we cut all drinks except water and milk, so not sure if that's having an effect too smile He's only probably drinking 1.5 drinks a day vs about 4 or 5.

Josh looks so cute in his suit iwish!
I put Euey in one as he kept getting up and couldn't climb back into bed with his bag on. He's been back in it for 3 nights though as wasn't sure if it was contributing to him getting up early because it was easier to get up lol! They look so cosy though. Will put him back in it once this sleeping is sorted!
Glad you had fun in the snow, we've had a few inches, paths sloppy as anything through Birmingham, we were walking on the road! Didn't stop snowing til last night.
And wow on the sleep!!! Only 30 mins to cram everything in here now lol!!

You and your Costa Liz you do make me smile!! Do you have shares?? Does lulu not enjoy parties? Easter thing sounds fun though.

Yes Euey had fun yesterday. Went to bed fine for our friend at 1.30, she said he tried to be grumpy when she woke him but she wasn't having it lol. She said he didnt really notice we'd gone!!
She's got 28 year old twins so been a long time for her with a baby, but she's so good with him.
Did make us laugh getting him undressed for his bath though as his nappy was on backwards smile
The show was fantastic! Such fun to watch, totally recommend!

We got a Chinese last night as we were meant to be going to China town after originally, but didn't get a chance.
I ordered chicken sweetcorn soup, duck pancake things, beef and mushroom, chicken and cashews, 2 fried rices. Because it was over £20 we got free spring rolls and chicken wings. We didn't even eat the mains, we were stuffed!!! That's todays tea sorted!! Haven't had a proper Chinese for ages!
Was a fab day smile

lizandlulu Sun 24-Mar-13 08:04:22

Ha ha nappy on backwards!! Bless her, at least she gave it her best shot!

And no ,don't have shares in costa, but bloody wish I did!! I daren't add up how much we spend in there, although me and mum take it in turns to pay.

No she doesn't really enjoy parties, by the time she's relaxed enough to go enjoy herself, it's time to leave. I know exactly what she's going to do at parties, so that's why I didn't really push her into going. Plus I didn't have to sort a present smile

Yay meadowhall today!!! Kids been up since 7, so just had breakfast nd sat watching nick jnr on the sofa while kids play with their babies.

Life is defiantly getting easier now violet can say yes. She's been saying no for ages, but only mastered yes in the last couple of weeks. Stuck is also one of her favourites. She will get her babies in a pram, then moan they're stuck, but now I can ask her, do ŷou want that baby out? And she can reply without getting stressed out!

KLou111 Mon 25-Mar-13 09:11:44

Hope you enjoyed your day off Liz! And how cute violet saying yes smile Euan just nods or shakes his head, he's still not really saying anything properly but totally understands everything we say.

Well I got 8am in my own bed smile Granted, Euan woke at 5, I jumped in and he showed no signs of going to sleep as he was sat up for an hour. So I cuddled him, rocked him and by 6.25 he was asleep so I lay him down and left. Dog barked at 7.30 but he didn't get up til 8 smile So total of 11.5 hours. Just need this in between awake time to bugger off lol!

KLou111 Mon 25-Mar-13 16:17:34

I am seriously panicking here.

I've had the blood results over the phone this morning when I rang, and the receptionist told me he needed another full blood count in 3 months time.
On asking why, she said his lymphocytes were low. They are meant to be 352.11, his are 331. On asking what this meant she said she didn't know!
Anyway, about 2 hours later I had a call from the surgery from someone else, who said euans blood results were in and one was fine but the other they wanted him back in 3 months. On challenging her why, she just said, one was slightly abnormal, nothing to worry about. Again I asked her what was the problem, and she wouldn't let on.
I assume that the receptionist shouldn't have really told me the full result perhaps?

Anyway, on looking this up, one thing keeps coming up, leukaemia. I am distraught and honestly don't think I can wait 3 months. I feel so shitty and the thought of something happening to my beautiful boy just fills me with absolute dread and fear.
Rob has calmed me and said that is the absolute worst thing, but chances are he'll be fine, but I just can't stop thinking about it.

KLou111 Mon 25-Mar-13 16:53:41

On searching and searching, I've come across an article about test being done on sleep deprived rats and mice, and that caused their lyphocytes to show lower than normal. I'm wondering if maybe this is Euans case?

Iwish Mon 25-Mar-13 20:03:33

Oh klou huni big hugs!! I'm sure there is nothing to worry about as they say but maybe they just need to check again as it is on the lower end if normal. Could very well be because of the sleep thing tho. But if you aren't happy you have the right to request more information, this is concerning your child and they should give you all the info you need.
Xxxx

lizandlulu Tue 26-Mar-13 08:18:18

Don't panic!!! It does sound like its something to do with being sleep deprived if that's what the article said, it would explain the count being low.

But seriously if I were you, and you are really worried, I would phone the docs and say how worried you are and want to get him seen privately. Then you will be seen within a couple of weeks and set your mind at rest. Even if it's only to do the test again and get more of a proper explanation. I wouldn't want to wait 3 months to find out if he is back to normal or not. If its a case of just waiting for 3 months to re do the test, ring the docs again and insist on an appointment to discuss the results. They can't just fob you off that something probably isn't wrong. It might be, but it might not. It's not good enough!

KLou111 Tue 26-Mar-13 18:55:09

Well, I've been reassured that if it was anything really bad, they would have him back straight away. It's only as it was low they want to check again.
Got my smear tomorrow, delightful, so will ask then.
Still niggling in my mind though.
God I love my boy so much!

lizandlulu Tue 26-Mar-13 20:55:46

Yes I agree, if they thought it might be anything bad, there would be other tests they could do to find out, they wouldn't leave him for 3 months.

Have fun at your smear test!! Not fun but necessary!

KLou111 Wed 27-Mar-13 11:49:36

Hi both
Spoke to the nurse this morning re Euans results. She brought them up on the computer, and the notes said suspected low iron levels, and something about hemoglibinology or something.
His readings are 3.31, norm is 3.50-11 for lymphocytes. Stupid receptionist read it wrong!
His eosinophils are 0.4, recommended level is 0.10.
She said try not to worry, another test is taken due to those tests being low, but make an appt with the doc if I would like it all explaining.

lizandlulu Thu 28-Mar-13 20:15:26

It's still not crystal clear is it, but I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Is he still sleeping well?

Any plans for the long weekend? At least the weather is picking up, it's still freezing here, but dry and planning to stay that way I think.

My mil is here as me and Chris are going racing tomorrow, I'm racing for the first time in bout. 3 years! I didn't want to take the baby cause of the weather, but was going to take lulu, but lulu wants to stay with her grandma, so child free day!

KLou111 Thu 28-Mar-13 20:38:46

No, not totally clear. I don't think they ever are! I think they should just tell you in laymans terms!

Sounds fun! Another child free day, aren't you lucky!!

Well, we were meant to be having robs bro and sil here sat, and his parents here for dinner Sunday. Anyway, he was trying to talk his brother into coming Sunday, but he said he'd just come Saturday and not stay for dinner Sunday (not quite what we meant! Meant getting everyone together so we didn't have 2 days of running around lol!)
Anyway, my fil rang me yesterday and said that robs nan (fil mum) was on her own as he thought robs aunty was back from holiday and going over, but turns out she's not back til Tuesday. Anyway, did we mind her coming for dinner too. Of course bloody not lol!
Anyway, as she's coming, rob phoned his brother today to see if he wanted to come now his nan was coming, and they're coming Sunday in the day instead.
I know it sounds bad, but I'm relieved as it's not easy what with Euan still waking around 6, then having to keep him quiet until a 'reasonable' hour. And robs bro has been away with work for 3 weeks and only back for 3 nights from tomorrow so I'd feel bad waking him early on Sunday etc.
Anyway, it's sorted smile

Re Euan sleeping, he's not cried out overnight for 3 nights I think. This morning woke 6, yesterday 5.50. Only had 20 min nap yesterday and today, so am hoping it's pushing him later.
Have totally blacked out his room tonight too. Even though it was blacked out, there was a slight bit of light coming around the blackouts.
And we have the clocks Sunday, so in theory he'll be sleeping til 7 lol!

Iwish Fri 29-Mar-13 20:15:10

Hey both. How are you?

How did your kiddies sleep last night?

I bought myself a onesie lol!! Felt the need when I went into tesco and its actually pretty comfy so got it on for bed tonight grin

KLou111 Fri 29-Mar-13 20:29:12

I think I would sweat all night lol! They do look comfy though.....is it a cars one too smile

Shite night, Euan up at 5, wouldn't go back off. Doing the wake to sleep method tonight, fingers crossed! You rouse them an hour before usual waking to try and wake them from a deep sleep, and go back to sleep. You're meant to do it for 3-5 nights so it resets them. Anything is worth a try, we're knackered! Alarm set for 4.30!! I might aswell, I'm bloody awake anyway waiting for him to wake!

Iwish Fri 29-Mar-13 21:04:32

It's just a cotton one so its not too hot.

Omg 5am!! Have you tried the sleep breeds sleep? Joshua normally has an hour in the day and wakes at 7 ish but he's been having 2-3 hours during the day but not getting up till 7:30-8:00 recently.

Been to pizza hut tonight, Joshua had pizza and even had his first try of icecream. It was hilarious watching eat it, he didn't quite know how to eat it lol.

Iwish Sat 30-Mar-13 07:58:54

spoke so soon, 6:50 this morning! hmm

KLou111 Sat 30-Mar-13 08:08:20

That's a lie in for us! will look that up, sounds interesting.
Glad you like you onesie smile
6.15 here. I think I woke him too much lol. I went in at 4.25, and roused him, I went to put his dummy in and clamped his mouth shut, so was waking. Finally got it in but I thought maybe I hadn't woke him enough so I undid his bag and tickled his feet. Anyway, I had my phone with me for light and he completely opened his eyes and closed them straight away. As I left he went waaaaaaa, so I went back.
He went off about 5.10, but i didn't leave until 5.25. He didnt cry after the first wail, just kept sitting up.
Not sure if the first night was a 'success' BUT he didn't wake crying, just army shuffled across his room, landing, into our room smiling and giggling, which is not normal in the mornings!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now