Our new place to chat about our beautiful toddlers! Where have our babies gone???

(999 Posts)
KLou111 Mon 11-Feb-13 10:12:11

Another thread girls, can't believe we're here already!

lizandlulu Sun 03-Mar-13 16:39:19

Went out with mum yesterday and been to Halifax for see my sis in law and bro in law and their new baby. That's it.

Oh went out last night for a friends birthday and had to come home early cause violets chest was quite bad and she wouldn't settle for mum and dad. Actually she did settle just before I come home but it was dad who settled her! She didn't want mum! So I was home for half 11.

lizandlulu Sun 03-Mar-13 16:40:29

Oh I'm not sure when klous back, I don't know if she went for a week or longer. I hope she's loving the swim up room! I also do hope there was a different door, otherwise they would all get wet everytime theyl go out smile

Iwish Sun 03-Mar-13 20:25:39

Eureka is in Halifax where we went this morning. Did the new baby make you want another or put you off?

I would love a swim up room! Well I'd just love a holiday tbh lol.

Back to work tomorrow, why does the weekend go so quick?!

lizandlulu Mon 04-Mar-13 09:17:20

Ha ha so we was in the same town!! Is it good there? Was there much for Joshua to do or is it more for older kids?

I think time in general is flying by, it doesn't seem like 5 mins and another week has gone. Have you got any plans for mothers day?

Iwish Mon 04-Mar-13 10:29:38

Lol yeh we were! How strange. His far away from Halifax are you? It takes us 40 mins by car.
It's a fab place but is day best for kids a little older. Joshua still loved it tho and will defo take him again. £10 and you can go as many times as you want in 12 months! The cafe is v expensive tho - £27 for 3 of us shock

No not got plans yet, going to see my mum on the Saturday but that's it. Have you got plans?

Iwish Mon 04-Mar-13 10:40:26

Oolong I need your help. My friend leaves work on wed to have her baby. It's her second. I want to get her a gift but I'm stuck. So far I've got her some bath stuff from lush, some choccies and toffee. I want to get her something else but I'm not sure what. I've got the baby something seperate. Any ideas? Not expensive and something I can pick up from
A shop tomorrow.

lizandlulu Mon 04-Mar-13 17:03:52

Sounds like you've already got her the best stuff. Lush stuff is lovely, plus chops and toffee aswell! Sounds enough to me. I can only think of flowers, or a plant? Or wine to have after?

Halifax is 85 miles from us, takes about hour and half in the car, we only ever go to see in law and that's hardly ever, on special occasions!!

Iwish Mon 04-Mar-13 18:52:17

I think I might get some wine for her. I think mummies are often forgot about and the baby gets the prezzies so thought I'd spoil her a bit.

Yey that's a bit far just to pop round lol! We used to go to fils in Wales once or twice a year before Joshua but its a bit far now. That's 1.5 hours.

Going swimming tomorrow with my friend and her LO. Should be nice 😄

Iwish Tue 05-Mar-13 16:15:53

Joshua didn't have any boobie this morning! Lets see if he can go without at bedtime.....

lizandlulu Tue 05-Mar-13 18:10:45

I think any where in a car over an hour needs military planning!!! Violet quite good, she doesn't go to sleep unless she is really tired, but it's hard work keeping both of mine entertained. They do start to get restless.

Yes mummies do get forgotten. When I went to sis in laws at the weekend, I took presents for he baby and her brother. But nothing for the mum. Then one of her friends came rouns and brought presents for the whole family, plus flowers, plus homemade lasagne chips and sale. Made me feel like a proper let down!!!

Are you trying to cut down on the boobie? Violet has no milk at all now, she didnt hardly drink any out a cup so gave up giving her it, but she does eat a lot of yoghurts

Iwish Tue 05-Mar-13 19:48:06

Joshua gets restless in the car too and just whinges lol.

Aww I'm sure they appreciated what you had bought.

He just seems less interested in boob for the last few days so I thought if just roll with it and not offer it to him. He hasn't had any all day. Just have him warm cows milk in a soppy cup before bed tonight. He had a bit if a cry when I put him to bed but I think it was because he was overtired.
I feel a bit saf really but I may as well do it now rather than do it when he is still interested if that makes sense.

lizandlulu Tue 05-Mar-13 20:14:07

Yes, may as well be guided by him, I hope he's ok for you!

I have got to go on a sodding first aid course on Thursday. Got to put violet in nursery for extra day, and got to be half an hour away at 9am! I will take violet to nursery for 7.45, then drop lulu off at a friends for 8, then pick a work colleague up and get there. Not looking forward to it

Iwish Tue 05-Mar-13 21:35:21

That sounds like a right pain in the arse. Shame you couldn't have done it the day she's at nursery anyway!

Joshua is still in bed asleep. He whinged a few mins ago but it was because he banged his head bless him.

Iwish Wed 06-Mar-13 19:41:41

Day 2 of no boob.
Morning went totally fine as expected but bedtime slightly harder. He was happy with the cup instead of boob but even though he wasn't drinking any more of the milk and his eyes were closing he wouldn't let go of the cup!! Had to take the cup off him and he cried his little eyes out. Put him in bed and he cried for a few mins then fell asleep.
I felt like an awful mummy

lizandlulu Thu 07-Mar-13 17:40:39

Can't you put it in a non leak cup and leave it with him? But then I spose it's bad for his teeth And your just prolonging taking it off him anyway. It's another one of them hard decisions to make.

It's so good tho that he's not wanting any boobie. Especially if it's there staring him in the face.

Well, this morning went ok, got lulu up dressed and breakfast first, then got violet up, dressed and out the door! Nursery gave her breakfast. Only just picked her up tho so it's been a loooong day for her.

Iwish Fri 08-Mar-13 13:22:36

I didn't want to give him the cup in bed like you said it's just another thing to take off him He threw the cup just before I took him to bed last night and he went down fine. No crying at all smile

Glad your day went ok. Was violet knackered when you picked her up?

All on my lonesome tonight, nick is at his friends and my friend has kicked me to the kerb again. Like she has done for about 2 months.

KLou111 Fri 08-Mar-13 18:25:26

HELLLLLLLOOOOOOO LADIES!!!

So have you missed me? 

Will catch up in a bit. Had a fabulous holiday, except Euan was a bit sick for a couple of days and would not stop bloody crying so we were ready to come home at that point poor fella! All good after that though, so didn't want to come home 

Just going to sort him for bed and will be back........xxx

Iwish Fri 08-Mar-13 19:53:49

Welcome back klou! Glad you had a good time.
Hope euey is feeling better now.

Still no boob for Joshua and its getting easier now smile

Plans for the weekend ladies?

KLou111 Fri 08-Mar-13 20:35:28

Hello girls,
Glad you've managed to get Joshua off the boob iwish, that sounds like it was a bit easier than anticipated.

How strange you were both in Halifax at the same time!

Think we may be in for a long night.
Euan has been in the same room a us (in the hallway) on holiday. He was therefore getting up in the night and jumping in with us. We had a massive bed, like 2 singles pushed together size, so we didn't mind.
We got back at 12.30 last night, and he wouldn't go to bed, so he had last night in our bed.
Have put him to bed at 7 and he's awake arrgh. The gro clock is on so it's like a nightlight, so if he gets out of bed, he can see his way back.
Anyway, he got up, and came out of his room 8 times, so rob brought me the broom and I wedged the door. He got up again and went straight back to bed. That lasted about 5 mins, now he's up and crying again. He must be knackered! Can hear him stomping around his room, will give him 10 mins.

Had a fabulous hols, so hot, but not too hot that you couldn't sit in it, after 3 days I stopped wearing lotion and I went black, rob said I was like made from benidorm lol.
Room was great, wouldn't have anything other than a swim up now if the hotel offers it. And yes we had 2 doors lol liz!
We had to get the cleaners out as Euan was sick, he'd been playing with a balloon one of the staff gave him, and had the blow up bit in his mouth, literally an hour later he was sick, so wondered if it had been that. That was the Tuesday night, and he wouldn't let us eat or anything, was just crying all the time for about 2 days, we couldn't go anywhere and it was driving us insane!
Anyway, he got back to normal, but wouldn't eat properly, all he'd eat was croissants and Danish pastries! So I had to nick some from breaky for all day! He drank loads though, and a couple gave us some ginger biscuits as they were leaving, and he loved them.

He's eaten normal today, so maybe he just didn't like the food.
Will go self catering next time, as it was really difficult trying to sort Euan for set meal times as they didn't open dinner til 6.30 and he was starved when we first got there by then.
Also we lost out on crucial drinking time lol!

Going to check on him........

KLou111 Fri 08-Mar-13 20:45:15

Well, just put him back to bed 3 times, now alls quiet. Hope it stays like that, for half hour at least, robs getting our curry ha ha.

lizandlulu Fri 08-Mar-13 21:56:51

Ah I hope he's settled for the night now!

It's always a worry when they are Ill away from home, and they always seem to be ill away from home!!!! I always panic more on holiday cause it's not just like ringing the doctors is it. I think just upset in their routine and normal surroundings can make them sick. Plus different air, water and foods plays them up. Fr some reason my kids always get conjunctivitis on holiday! Right from the first day, they get all gloppy and gooey.

Did you spend a lot of time in the pool?

Have you both seen that thing on Facebook about the babies who can survive in water? I will see if I can find it and tag you. It's amazing.

Can't believe you stopped wearing cream!!!! That's dangerous young lady!

I know what you mean about the food times, in benidorm alot of the hotels don't start evening meal till 7, which is too late for kids, but what can you do! I just let them snack more than usual.

Yes iwish, violet was tired when I picked her up, and today as well. Bless her, but she always cries when I have to take her home!!! I wish they did overnights smile

She's got to go to hospital too. She's got a lump in her boobie, I don't know if I told you months go, but took her to the docs then and he said its prob a swollen gland and nothing to worry shout but come back if it doesn't go down. Well it's not gone down so went back Wednesday. He said it should have gone own by now and she's got to get it looked at. I'm not orris,d I'm sure it will just be something to do with glands, but just need to make sure.

It's amazing iwish about how well you and Joshua are doing with no boob. How are your boobs feeling?

Iwish Sat 09-Mar-13 19:57:50

Yeh boobs are ok, not been sore at all. I think it's because he was only having 2 feeds a day and they weren't particularly big feeds.

Yeh u remember you telling us Liz. I'm sure it'll be just a gland like you said. What day is her appt at the hospital?

Did Euan sleep ok last night klou? And omg at you not wearing cream! I burn with cream on!!

Been doing the burning food shop today then met my friend after lunch for a couple of hours. What have you both been doing?

KLou111 Sat 09-Mar-13 20:00:06

Oh no liz with the lump, you must be beside yourself! Does it hurt her? Poor thing.
That video was absolutely amazing! It doesn't look real does it?!
I'm so sorry, I didn't ask about your holiday, selfish cow. Did you have a good time?

Well last night after the second time I went up, Euan didn't wake til 3.45, we left him and he was crying til 4.10, then he woke at 5.10 and stood crying til I went in an hour later.
His gro clock was set for 6, so I wasn't going in before as I wanted him to associate me going in with the 'sun coming up'.
I've been having to stay until he falls asleep still, but tonight I left him, he cried for 3 mins or so, didn't get out of bed though and went off. That was 7.30, bit later as we went out today shopping in Solihull so he slept in the car til 4 for about an hour as I went into tesco while he was asleep as we've had no shopping since back! My mum and dad got us some milk and bread and stuff bless them so we've made do with that and freezer stuff lol.

What's everyone up to tomorrow then, are we being pampered?
Nothing really here, I just want a day doing nothing! Veging in front on the tv!

KLou111 Sat 09-Mar-13 20:02:41

X post iwish.
Glad your boobs ok, mine went solid when I stopped Euan, but that was feeding all day to cold turkey, so painful!

Yes I know I'm very naughty not wearing lotion. We lived in the Caribbean for 2 years 2000-2002 and never wore it then, so I think our skin got used to it.
I'll be a shrivelled prune like madge from benidorm one day shock

lizandlulu Sat 09-Mar-13 20:44:49

You lived in the Caribbean???? How have you not told us that one before! It's like you have had 5 lives smile

I'm not very worried shout this lump, I do think it's only a glad as its not growing or anything like that. I have got to wait for the hospital to contact me, but if it's any longer than 2 weeks I will be contacting our health insurance to see what I can do about it. afar as I know it doesn't hurt her, she doesn't take any notice of it and didn't complain when the doctor was poking it.

Tomorrow is chris's birthday, yes I know how inconsiderate! And on my birthday it's fathers day! Would you believe it, so bloody unfair.
We are going to a spring fair tomorrow at Lincoln show ground, it's a travellers fair but all baby, children and women's stuff. Going with some friends, then on to pizza hut for dinner. I'm looking forward to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now